PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas?

ibrowse17
01-10-2008, 09:54 AM
As a summer surpise for my DW, I booked 4 night at the BC Villas the last week of July. On our last trip, she went nuts over the place, and really wanted to stay there. Having never stayed there, I was wondering if any of you had any advice or suggestions about this resort? Thanks:thumbsup:

J.T.Toad
01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi ibrowse17

I had posted this on an earlier tread to help a person in renting points and getting the resort they desired.

I do not have points to rent.

Since you seem to like The Beach Club Vilas a lot and not a DVC member. It might be useful to you at sometime or another. Renting Points from a DVC member can save you about half price of the cost of a villa.

Renting Points

It takes a lot of trust between you and the person that is renting you the points. I am a DVC member and I have rented my points, transferred points and rented from other DVC members. So far I have never had a problem although I have heard of other DVC members with problems.

1. Don’t be a time waster. Do your homework. Make sure you fully intend to rent points from a member. Have your dates down ,if you can be flexible on check in and check out, that helps a lot. Have the DVC resorts in order as in most desirable to least desirable.

2. Be available. Rooms go fast, once a member find you a room be ready to jump on it.

3. The earlier the better. A DVC member can make reservations in his home resort up to 11 months prior to his check out date, and only 7 months prior at Resorts other than his home resort . If you wish to make a deal with lets say an owner of Saratoga Springs Resort Villas but wish to stay at the Beach Club Villas the owner can only make your reservations 7 months Pryor to your check out time.

4.Every DVC member rents out there points differently. This is how I rent out my Points. After I have received
all of the information from you. I check on availability. If you ask me for references I email you my bank references or even trade references. Once I get the ok from you to proceed I will make the reservation in your name, after the reservation has been made I will either email you or call you with the reservation number at that time I expect 50% of the cost transferred to my Paypal account immediately. The hard copy of the conformation comes to me 7 to 14 days after the reservation has been made. Once I receive the hard copy I offer to fax it to you. Then I send the hard copy along with the original envelope to you via Snail mail. Once I stick the Hard copy in the mail I will email you to notify that the Hard Copy Has been sent along with a statement that balance due must be wired to me with in 7 days via PayPal.

Getting the Resort and room you desire

This is where the 7 and 11-month windows come into play. Most but not all members who wish to stay at their home resort will make their reservations at the 11-month window. They know that once the clock ticks down to 7 months they will be competing with not only the members from their home resort but the members from the other 5 resorts as well.
The Most desired and hardest to get DVC resort is the Beach Club Villas due to its size, location and proximity to Epcot, followed by BWV, VAK, VWL, OKW and SSR.

I am a member of SSR and I only wish to stay at either the BCV or the BWV. I happen to like both of these Resorts equally and have no preference.

I start by calling Guest Services about a week before my Check out date, documenting the days that are missing from my stay at both resorts. We are a family of four and we happen to be interested in a 1 bedroom, a Studio would work for us as a fill in if needed.

Now that I know what resorts and room categories that have the most of my dates available I make my reservation at exactly 7 months from prior to my checkout date and the exact minute member services opens I start making my reservations one day at a time. (Remember at this exact time and day you are competing with every one from five resorts for that exact day.)

If there is a day or two missing in between your check in and check out. Make sure You fill that missing day in at another resort or a different room category. Then ask to be waitlisted for the resort you are working on. The worst case is that you might have to change resorts or rooms.
For the last three years I have had dates missing but I have always gotten my dates. Last year I was missing two days in the middle of our stay at the Beach Club so I booked two nights over at the Board walk, within a week of making my reservation my waitlist came though. Wait listing is serviced on a first come first serve basis. That is why it is so important to be early.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Good Luck to you

JT

BelleCiavo
01-10-2008, 10:17 AM
There are some villas that offer a view of Illuminations, you might want to request one. The walk is fairly short to EPCOT, but we passed on getting mugs because it just wasn't convenient to get quick refills. Are you renting points or did you rent the room through Disney Travel (or whatever it's called)? When we rented points we were able to get the same discounts that DVC members got at restaurants, shops, etc., I'm not sure if you get that perk with renting the room through Disney.

ibrowse17
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
There are some villas that offer a view of Illuminations, you might want to request one. The walk is fairly short to EPCOT, but we passed on getting mugs because it just wasn't convenient to get quick refills. Are you renting points or did you rent the room through Disney Travel (or whatever it's called)? When we rented points we were able to get the same discounts that DVC members got at restaurants, shops, etc., I'm not sure if you get that perk with renting the room through Disney.

I did not rent any points, just booked through MJ using a AAA discount. Will check on Illuminations view, thanks:thumbsup:

pox24
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Having been there with our DVC, there really is not a premium view of Illuminations from the villas. However, without actually going into Epcot, you can walk to the International Gateway or take the boat and be there in 8 minutes. This resort is awesome. Great pool, Cape May Cafe, easy acess to the Boardwalk, Epcot and MGM. It has its own pool which is quiet and peaceful. One of our favorites. :thumbsup:

BelleCiavo
01-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Having been there with our DVC, there really is not a premium view of Illuminations from the villas.

You're right in that you can't see all of Illuminations, but you can see the fireworks. I have pictures on my homepage, http://web.mac.com/rivendellpress/iWeb/Disney%20Trip%20Reports/Disney%202004.html
Scroll about 1/2 way down if you would like to see our view.

LudwigVonDrake
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I stayed at BC Villas in July 2005 with a friend who had the points. We had a view of Spaceship Earth which was awesome. I loved the resort. The pool is an attraction unto itself and check out Beaches and Cream and ask about The Kitchen Sink :D

Donald A
01-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I literally returned from a week at Beach Club Villas yesterday. All I can say is I really think you will enjoy yourself. There are two sides to the resort - A side that overlooks the private pool and a side that overlooks EPCOT. We could see the fireworks from Illuminations from our room as well as SpaceshipEarth. However, on the EPCOT side (the side we stayed at) you do see a lot of backstage (not pretty) like the Soarin building that you can't see from the park. There is also a road outside the EPCOT side and you could hear vehicles go by as it is right outside you room. The location of the Villas is awesome as you are right at the International Gateway into EPCOT. All-in-all the Beach Club Villas was literally our best resort experience at WDW.

MonoMan
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club Villas in 2006. We absolutely loved the resort. The location is fantastic because you are close to both Epcot (our favorite) and DS. We had previously stayed at the Yacht Club, but decided on the beach because we wanted a villa. We could see illuminations from our balcony, but it wasn't a clear view, lots of trees...and if you looked down you saw an access road...