PDA

View Full Version : No Travel Documents!

TheDuckRocks
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Well , we leave tomorrow for our Disney Resort stay to be followed by our 4 day Disney cruise that starts on Jan. 20 and we haven't received any documents yet for the cruise.:sob:
We made the reservations for the cruise portion of our trip through AAA........BIG mistake! I can not give any directions to Disney directly and our AAA agent doesn't seem to care very much if we have our documents or not. Disney and the AAA agent have both told me that our names are on the manifests and that as I have pre-checked in online that all I have to do is go out to the bus for the port terminal and we're on our way.
:bang:Now here are my questions that my AAA agent doesn't seem willing or maybe able to answer for me:
1) How do we know what time to get the bus?
2) Don't I need some kind of luggage tags?
3) Where would I get them?
4) Am I the only person in the world who thinks that getting all the fun paper work from Disney a major part of the excitement of the trip?
5) Does this just show that Disney doesn't really care if you have a "magical" trip?
6) Who should I be madder at my AAA travel agent or DCL?
7) Should I call Disney and ask to speak to a manager and let them know just how unhappy I am?:fit:
8) Why am I sitting here in tears over this? And don't tell me PMSing, I'm way to old for that any more.:D
Thanks guys for any help you can give me.

PAMOUSELOVER
01-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I can not give you any help, besides telling you I think you are not PMSing and that I would call Disney. Something i snot right, and you dont want ot wait till you are down there to fix it.
Good luck, and have a greta trip~

TammiMcMan
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
First of all, take a deep breath. It definitely stinks that you don't have any paper documents to add to the excitement, but with so much being done online now, they're really not all that necessary.

1) How do we know what time to get the bus?
2) Don't I need some kind of luggage tags?
3) Where would I get them?
For all of the above questions, if you're on a land/sea package, it will be very easy as your resort will have a DCL desk. You can stop by there and get all the information that you need. That will include the time you need to board the bus and your luggage transfer tags. If you aren't staying at a resort with a DCL desk, I would take a few minutes to stop by the nearest one that does. They will be happy to help you out.

5) Does this just show that Disney doesn't really care if you have a "magical" trip?
6) Who should I be madder at my AAA travel agent or DCL?
7) Should I call Disney and ask to speak to a manager and let them know just how unhappy I am?In answer to questions 5, 6 & 7, I'd have to apply most of the blame to AAA. Disney is under obligation and cannot talk to you about a reservation that's theoretically owned by AAA. That's just part of the business and there's no getting around it. You may have gotten a great price with AAA, but unfortunately, this is a common downside with their service. I don't mind missing out on a discount, if it means I can depend on someone like Magical Journeys to book the trip and follow through with everything. This may just be a lesson learned, but if you do want to write a letter to anyone, I think you need to start with AAA.

Now for the reason why you're so upset, well, you most likely just paid a small fortune for the land/sea package and are disappointed at what you'd consider a major bump in the road. I get that way when things are beyond my control as well. Trust that once you get to Disney and the reservation reverts to you, that you will be well taken care of and shown a magical time :tink:. Oh and you may want to keep Magical Journeys website address handy for the next time you want to book a Disney vacation :thumbsup:.

Tink1
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Disney cruise has been getting the documents out VERY late. We complain regularly and have them ship direct to clients to avoid the time delay of them coming to us. Sometimes they still come to us.

It may be too late now, but your agent could have arranged a set to be at your resort when you arrive (resort pick-up).

Please do not worry, the DCL people will take great care of you when you arrive. Have a great vacation.

Nanci

TheDuckRocks
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Just back from the AAA with documents in hand. So glad that I got them in advance, being that we were not a land/sea package but 2 seperate packages (1 with DCL oter with WDW Travel). The transportation vouchers from MCO to POR to port and back to MCO were totally messed up. Problem solved after a phone call to Disney.
Thank you all a bunch for all the info and support over the past 18 months I have been planning this trip.
I'm now out the door on my way to the airport just wanted to check back with you all and let you know that everything is on track and I'm doing the happy dance.

adoptionislove
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
YAY!!!!!

Have a great time Kay and give us a fun fun filled report when you get back!!!!!!:mickey: