PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Swan/Dolphin being booked so early?

deva
01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm looking into staying at the Swan or Dolphin for a trip in October starting on 10/15. I called to inquire about rates last night & they told me that the 15th is completely booked. This is a Wednesday, and I found it surprising.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do you think it is a temporary thing, or a computer hiccup? The days after, including the weekend are available, which I find curious.

Should I look somewhere else, or just sit tight & wait a bit?

Thanks you.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 08:34 AM
A guess. The Swan and Dolphin complex have convention facilities. Possibly they are booked due to a convention or conference. The one time we stayed both hotels were filled with Optometerists attending a convention. Also, these hotels offer discounts to special groups ie. teachers, postal workers, etc. I heard recently that WDW resorts were operating at about 96% capacity rates so that makes booking even more difficult. Good Luck.

John
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
That's right about the time one of the worlds largest professional information technology shows - The Gartner IT Symposium/Expo is held at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club Resort - yes ALL FOUR.

Fangorn
01-11-2008, 05:55 AM
Like John, I suspect that this is due to the Gartner Symposium. Having attended the Symposium for many years now, I can personnally attest to the fact that it is huge. Typically, there are over 10,000 people in attendance.
Most of the Swan is booked for the Gartner employees and other show participants. Besides the Swan, Dolphin, Y&BC, the conference also has large blocks of rooms at BW, CS, CBR and Pop. The week-long conference usually includes the 15th of October.

Steve

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I'd keep checking back if you have your heart set on staying there. As it gets closer they might have cancellations.