PDA

View Full Version : Booking Questions!

deebee29
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Hello Everyone!
I am in the process of planning our May/June 2008 Vacation in Orlando. I booked most of my dining ADRs a month ago and only got one or two more to choose. We have not booked anything else yet.
I am considering booking our hotel (POP Century) tomorrow. We will be staying there from May 24-31, and then staying at on offsite hotel until June 7. Should we book the hotel tomorrow or wait? If we book it tomorrow, should we book it as a package with the park tickets and dining plan? If I purchase my tickets, can I add park hopper later?
How will the payment go each scenario, will I have to pay upfront?
Thanks! :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Hello Everyone!
I am in the process of planning our May/June 2008 Vacation in Orlando. I booked most of my dining ADRs a month ago and only got one or two more to choose. We have not booked anything else yet.
I am considering booking our hotel (POP Century) tomorrow. We will be staying there from May 24-31, and then staying at on offsite hotel until June 7. Should we book the hotel tomorrow or wait? If we book it tomorrow, should we book it as a package with the park tickets and dining plan? If I purchase my tickets, can I add park hopper later?
How will the payment go each scenario, will I have to pay upfront?
Thanks! :thumbsup:I can't imagine ANY possible advantage to delaying booking the room. All that can happen is that rooms can sell out. What do you hope to gain by waiting?

Easiest question first: the park hopper option can be added at any time, even in the middle of your trip.

You ask if you should book as a room-only or as a package. Well, if you want the Disney Dining Plan, you MUST book a package. If you aren't buying the DDP, then there's very very little real difference between booking a package (hotel and park tickets) and booking a room-only reservation but also buying park tickets from Disney at the same time. Except for a few minor freebies like maybe a free round of mini golf or a Planet Hollywood voucher (and the ability to buy the DDP), the only real difference between package and room-only is the payment terms.

PACKAGE:
$200 deposit due within 14 days of making the reservation
balance due in full no later than 45 days prior to arrival
if airfare is also purchased through WDTC, then ALL airfare-related costs must be paid in full at the time of making the reservation (no 14 day grace period for the airfare stuff)

ROOM-ONLY:
One night's room rental plus tax due within 14 days of making the reservation
balance due no later than time of check-in

The strangest-sounding thing I've learned is that even if you book a room-only reservation, you can still book park tickets as part of that reservation, and get them coded onto your room key at time of check-in, exactly the same as is done with a package reservation.

I hope this is the type of info you were looking for.:blush:

deebee29
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Would you book this online, or call? What is the phone number? Thanks for the info, it was exactly what I was looking for!:thumbsup:

faline
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd suggest booking through Magical Journeys. (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)

It doesn't cost you anything; you get wonderful personalized service; and they keep an eye out for any specials that will save you money!

vamaggie
01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I would definately also suggest Magical Journeys to book your trip. Debbie booked our last Nov trip for us and was wonderful helping us decide what options to do (package or not, hopper or not). Another benefit of MJ is that they keep an eye out for discounts for you and apply them if they fall during your trip time. They also sponsor Intercot and as Linda mentioned it doesn't cost you a penny. Email them, you won't be sorry!

deebee29
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Can things with magical journeys be done through email? I commute for work and do not spend much time home, except for late evenings basically, I would be very hard to reach by phone. How would that work?

sainter
01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
You can do it all with MJ by email and yet can still call them if you need to! :thumbsup:

deebee29
01-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I am kinda thinking I will still book it myself, I have heard so many great things about MJ, but the planning and booking is fun, and exciting! Am I going to be at any great disadvantage if I book it myself instead of through MJ?

Ariel_Fan
01-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I would say the big disadvantage is that they can get those discounts for you as soon as disney announces them. I was like you that I looked forward to booking myself, etc. Now I cannot imagine stressing about making sure I got the certain discount code, etc. MJ does it all for me and I'm stress free. I can still do my planning with meals, etc and be happy.