PDA

View Full Version : Sea World rides

Little Einstein
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
We are planning on going to Sea World for a day while we are down at WDW and since Splash Mountain will be closed during our time there :(:( I was wondering how Journey to Atlantis @ Sea World compared to Splash Mountain?? :thumbsup:

thrillme
01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
It was a bit of a different ride. More "coastery". It's not as LONG as Splash Mountian but my DS and I totally LOVE it. As you follow a little Seahorse an evil Mermaid chases you out. Once you exit be sure to visit the back of the gift shop for an over and under aquarium experience.

Little Einstein
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
so when you say it's more coastery - I don't do roller coasters that well :sick: I mean I can do the tamer ones but much more than that is not for me. Is there any wild turns or anything like that?

thrillme
01-14-2008, 11:42 AM
There's one small part that gets a bit twisty but it's really not bad at all. It's similar to a "kiddy" coaster (just a rush over a few humps and a turn) then it'll do the big drop like Splash mountian (after all you're escaping from an evil mermaid). ALL log rides end in a drop.

Really it's not bad at all. You should definately enjoy it. It's just not as LONG as Splash Mountian and a bit of a scarier "theme" but it's still very fun.

Now that I'm thinking about it...I think there's a little part in Splash Mountian that's sort of dry and coastery. If you can handle splash...you'll be fine here.