PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Experiences, Please

DreamFinder2
01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
My DW and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at WDW this March. I know Disney will do special things to make your event magical, but I'm wondering if anyone's had anything truly special done to/for them.

Any stories from anniversary couples? Or suggestions for places to go that made your anniversary extra-special?

FYI...our anniversary is on the day we check OUT, if that will matter :sad:.

SBETigg
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
As far was what to expect from CMs, restaurants, and your resort- expect nothing. Sometimes they do things for you and sometimes they do not. When we celebrated our fifteenth at the Poly, I noted it on the reservation but no one even said Happy Anniversary-- and it didn't matter, because we were thrilled to be there.

When we celebrated our 17th at the Grand Floridian (checking in 17 years to the day of our GF honeymoon) they greeted us with anniversary pins and a complimentary upgrade from lagoon view to theme park view, and all the CMs at the desk said "Happy anniversary, so nice to have you back with us." It brought tears to my eyes(but I'm cheesy like that :D ). Then later, we came back from the MK to find a red rose on a tray with a bottle of champagne on ice and a signed card from Cinderella and Prince Charming. That was really special.

We also had a very special anniversary meal at California Grill, which was a wonderful place to celebrate.

Just make sure the resort knows that it is your anniversary and maybe magic will happen. Also, be sure to wear your pins and let the CM know when you make your dining ADRs that you're celebrating your anniversary.

comicguy
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
We were in WDW for our 14th ann.

We received Ann. buttons.

Many CM's told us Congats.

We recieved a personalized exp. with the characters at 1900 Park Fare breakfast.

That same night when we had diner at the Concourse Steakhouse we recieved champaign(free) with our meal.

Many other guests thought is was awesome that we went to WDW for our ann.

Just remember not to expect things to happen as it depends on a lot of variables.

Melanie
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
We stayed at Coronado Springs for our 10th. Upon checking in, the CM gave us anniversary wishes and we received a nice note from the staff with an invitation for free champagne toast (which we never did :blush: ).

We had a nice complimentary cake given to us at our anniversary dinner at California Grill. That was quite a surprise!

Like the others said, don't expect anything. It may or may not happen. Just enjoy your time together!

gardenia
01-09-2008, 08:19 PM
If you get the anniversary pins, you'll get a lot of congratulations from CMs, something I thoroughly enjoyed.

If you go to a high end dining establishment like Cali Grill, Jiko, etc., you will probably get a complimentary dessert or drink.

But don't expect room upgrades or extravagant gifts, you will probably be disappointed if you do.

BethieTink
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
We just spent our 5th anniversary this past October at WDW. We wore our anniversary buttons every day and had many wishes from CMs.

We received a lovely certificate from DVC Member Services the night we arrived. The day before our anniversary, the staff at the Crystal Palace had a heart made out of Mickey confetti on the table and we received a certificate signed by the characters. That night we at the Yachtsman and had a most wonderful meal. Our waitress was amazing and our menus were personalized with anniversary greetings.

Congrats on the anniversary!

DreamFinder2
01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
:thanks:
Thanks for all of the stories so far...keep them coming!

I'm certainly not expecting anything over-the-top-special. Just curious about other couples' experiences.

Plus, I just like talking about the vacation!!!

SBETigg
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
:thanks:
Plus, I just like talking about the vacation!!!

That's why we're here. It's fun to plan and think about it. Ten years is a big one, and what a great place to celebrate! Best wishes for an awesome trip and congratulations on ten years.

c&d
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
We went for our 10th and went all out. Stayed at the GF main building concierge and made dinner reservations at V&A. It was super special when we found out that they were able to get us the Chef's Table. When I made the reservations I said it was our 10th anniversary and the CM's gave us an autographed photo of Belle and the Beast wishing us a Happy Anniversary.

What made it special was just being able to hang out together. We were kid free for 5 days. We time at the resort hanging by the pool or sitting at the beach.

We were also there during the F&W festival so we were able to really enjoy sampling all the foods. No little voice saying "this is boring, I wanna go on a ride.":D

massachusetts
01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
We'll be in WDW for our 35th. I'd be very happy to just recieve a button.

Tygger7
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm so glad you posted this thread, and to hear about everyone's experiences! We're celebrating our 20th anniversary at the WL in May this year, and I'm so excited that I'm ready to explode!! :joy: I had it noted on our room reservations and ADR's. We're having our special dinner at California Grill on our last night there. If something magical happens, GREAT! If not, like someone said, I'm just thrilled beyond words to be there. :cloud9:

biodtl
01-10-2008, 03:19 PM
We went in October 06 on our anniversary, but we didn't know anything about the pins or to let anyone know. The couple we were with let them know in Crystal Palace and they did the cupcake/confetti/certificate thing. It was a nice surprise.

We're going again this year. We went on our honeymoon and wanted to stay at the then brand new WL, but we couldn't afford it, so we stayed at AS sports. We swore we'd go back and stay at WL every 5 years, but babies, mortgages and a bad accident got in the way. When we went in 06, we had others with us who needed to go value.

But this year we're finally going to WL and regardless of whether anyone acknowledges our anniversary, it will be the best one ever.

BMan62
01-10-2008, 03:45 PM
We were in WDW this past Dec. 4th for our anniversary. We got the anniversary pins from the Concierge Desk and got comments from some CMs around the parks. While in FW, we passed by the line for CP and were asked if we would like seating for the next show, but we already had them.

Tigger&Stitch
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow...10 years, 20 years - even 35 years! Amazing to hear. :jaw:

We'll be there to celebrate our 2nd anniversary next year. :yay:

pogo
01-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Last April was our 5th anniversary and we got ann. buttons. Every CM thought we'd been married for 40 years and were blown away when we admitted to just 5 !:blush:

We found a card from Cindy and her prince one night when we returned. Another night there was a card from Mickey and Minnie ! :mickey:

One CM at Epoct gave us a couple of :bar:

Another gave us this huge dessert at the Garden Grill ! :D

caryrae
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
My wife and I did the Calif Grill for dinner for our 5th Anniversary almost 7 years ago and we both loved it alot. We timed the dinner to be the same time as the firework show in MK and we were lucky enough to get a window table facing the castle. Food was wonderful and during dinner the lights dimmed and the music from the parade was piped in the the view was awesome. We told them it was our Anniversary and we got a free chocolate souffle for dessert. It was the best night we ever had.

mudpuppysmom
01-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Last year we were celebrating our 10Th and happened to stay at POFQ and one night when we returned from the parks there was a certificate on one of the beds signed by Mickey & Minnie with congratulations and some Mardi Gras beads and coins all over the bed! DS thought it was for him!! It was a nice surprise to "come home" to!!

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
We made an ADR for Rose and Crown so that we would finish eat when Illuminations began. We mentioned that it was the actual Anniversary date and ask for a lagoon side table. We had to wait a little longer but it was worth it. We sat eating our dessert with a front row seat for the show.:party::marg:

DreamFinder2
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks again for all of your stories!

To wrap up this thread, a final question: Do we have to request the anniversary pins when we check in, or will they be "volunteered"? Our anniversary is noted on our hotel ressie as well as our ADRs.

mickeefan
01-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am really interested in what everyone has said and done.
We have reservations at the GF (first time there) in December for our 50th anniversary.

SBETigg
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks again for all of your stories!

To wrap up this thread, a final question: Do we have to request the anniversary pins when we check in, or will they be "volunteered"? Our anniversary is noted on our hotel ressie as well as our ADRs.

They had the anniversary pins ready and waiting for us but if they don't, just ask for them.