PDA

View Full Version : Does Disney provide Nutrional Info?

Goofster
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Looking for nutritional information for the food Disney serves in its restaurants (TS and Counter) - calories, protein, fat, etc. Do they provide anything online or at least at the restaurant? Thanks!

Strmchsr
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
No, unfortunately, they don't. With my DS7 being diabetic that was pretty important to us as well, but we just had to guess. Now, some of the snacks that come with wrappers, like the Mickey Ice Cream bars, do have the info on the packaging.

BronxTigger
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Now, some of the snacks that come with wrappers, like the Mickey Ice Cream bars, do have the info on the packaging.

That item in particular is frightening.

Goofster
01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks, I'm kind of surprised that they don't. I figured with their latest nutritional kick with some of their food that they would start disclosing that information.

Strmchsr
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
It's sort of a liability issue. With all the different chefs cooking things various ways it becomes almost impossible to get the exact nutritional info. I suppose they could come closer to doing it for CS places, but it's still a liability. If they told you something wrong in our lawsuit happy culture they are just setting themselves up. So, they don't share anything. If you're asking for just wanting to know purposes then you're pretty much out of luck. If you are asking for health reasons (diabetes, allergies, etc) while they can't give you the exact info the chefs are very helpful in working with you to make sure you get what you need.

jszczur5
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Looking for nutritional information for the food Disney serves in its restaurants (TS and Counter) - calories, protein, fat, etc.

Oh goodness, I hope not!
Given that nobody in my family has any particular medical concerns or allergies, I DO NOT want to know the numbers, thanks. I read somewhere here on Intercot that the average DDP diner gains 6.7 lbs in 7 days. I have always aimed to make wiser choices with the occasional splurge, and have not yet gained any weight on the plan, but I for sure do not want to know what those "splurges" are costing me. I have not been able to eat a Tollhouse cookie ice cream bar since reading the package.
Please, NOBODY EVER tell me the calorie content in a Dole Whip float. I don't wanna know!!
As an aside, I guess we'll be saving some calories on the 2008 version of the DDP - although I always made sure that the appetizer was one of my "wiser" choices, and the dessert, obviously the "splurge".

Here we go again...
01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Please, NOBODY EVER tell me the calorie content in a Dole Whip float. I don't wanna know!!
I am pretty sure there are no calories... it is only fruit... fluffed up. :D I think the fluffing takes all calories out.
That is what I keep telling myself.

Well, since I am on weight watchers I have started to eat a little better when at Disney.
I stick to fish, steaks and veggies. I have pretty much stopped eating potatoes and burgers... you know, food that they can hide all that bad stuff in.
I do wish they would give the info (even with a disclaimer) so that we could get a general idea.