PDA

View Full Version : Help: when should I to go???

4ubie1
01-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I am trying to decide when to go and I need your insight. :confused: I wish to avoid crowds so that is why I am choosing these months to look at...and of course I want to save money!:D But I would rather spend alil more and go at a time when crowds are less than go when there are more crowds but cost less. I guess I really would like to avoid the crowds :blush: Opinions are welcomed!!:thumbsup:

WriteDisney
01-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I picked january but I you might want to look into September as well. Low crowds, cheaper prices and the possibility of free dining. But then again the three months you choose are would be good for cheaper prices and low crowds. Although I have heard that early december can get busy.

Tygger7
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I picked after Thanksgiving & before Christmas due to being able to see the holiday decorations. If that wasn't a factor, I'd suggest the first 2 weeks of May. Crowds and weather are both awesome.

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I picked after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, but I want to be a little more specific. I would go in one of the first two weeks of December. You are still in value season, the entire resort is decked out for Christmas, you can go to MVMCP, and crowds are still pretty low.

:sulley:

disneycouple2004
01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I picked after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, but I want to be a little more specific. I would go in one of the first two weeks of December. You are still in value season, the entire resort is decked out for Christmas, you can go to MVMCP, and crowds are still pretty low.

:sulley:

DITTO !!

best time to go ...:thumbsup:

disneymom15
01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I also picked after thanksgiving before x-mas. Husband and I went this past Dec. We had a great time. We were lucky, the weather was awsome, x-mas decorations unbelievable.

jclightchasr
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
After thanksgiving and before Christmas the earlier in this timeframe the better. We are planning a trip for this timeframe ourselves. It will be a welcome change from last trip which was Between Christmas and New Years. (It gets a little crowded then :crowd:)

vicster
01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
We love September - crowds aren't so large and the weather is still pretty decent.

animalkingdomguy
01-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Great weather. smaller crowds and Christmas decorations. We have gone a couple times during early to mid December. It is the perfect time to visit WDW.

rt207
01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I've been in early November and early December. I liked the weather a little better in November (I like it warmer:sun:), but I love going the first 2 weeks in December for the Christmas decorations:tree:. This year I am going in January (I leave in 9 days!) and I'm a nervous wreck about the weather:freeze:, but I have no first hand experience to share.

adoptionislove
01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Crowds are inevitable, right?

BUT, I have always heard that tuesdays and wednesdays are supposed to be less crowded.

good luck with whatever you decide!!!! You will have a blast!:mickey:

Meghan
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I didn't vote because October wasn't a choice. But I say October, October, October. IMO there's no better time of the year. You have the Food and Wine Festival, low crowds, and MNSSHP. What more could you ask for? I suggest the 2nd or 3rd week. The 1st and 4th week aren't bad either.

MushuMulan
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I said before Christmas and after Thanksgiving as well.

Crowds won't be as bad as during the time around Christmas or Thanksgiving, and you'll still be able to see all the decorations.

All that together makes a truly magical experience :D!

4ubie1
01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I was thinking of going for early December but I have heard numerous people say that in recent years, crowds have picked up during this time. Maybe if i went in the first week of December :shrug:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
We went in the second week of December one year and it was awesome. Light crowds, perfect weather, and best off all Christmas decorations. It was my favorite trip of all time to the world.

Disney Doll
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
If you don't care about the holiday decorations go in Jan or early Feb. Crowds are pretty low.

4ubie1
01-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I just wanted to give a quick thanks! to all who gave an opinion or just a quick choice on the poll. I greatly appreciated it!!:D

rj
01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
We have going the week before Thanksgiving week and early Jan. As I remember the Jan. trip was not crowded at all. We walked on most rides and the longest line was 10 minutes.

Of course that was 15 years ago. I am sure things have changed.:cheers: