PDA

View Full Version : Is Jersey Week A Myth ?

ramftbl
01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello all !!! I'vee been reading posts concerning the first week of November as " Jersey Week", a busy time for the WDW parks because the kids in NJ have off that week. I'm planning on going the firts week in November. Should I be concerned? Thanks all who respond !!

DawsonAR
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
It isn't a myth. I was there for a conference the first week of November this year and it seemed like everyone we saw was from NJ. However, the crowds were higher than expected but not too bad. We had a great trip.

MickeyChick
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
The kids in NJ actually have most of November off between teachers' convention and minor holidays. When I was a kid, I remember having only 8 days of school during the month of November.

And what's wrong with kids from Jersey, huh????

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

scootch713
01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
There is also the presidential election this year.... and many schools have that day off. I have been researching Jersey weeks and haven't found anything good about it, everyone says lots of crowds. Touring guide has it a 7-8 most days.. ughh.

With Thanksgiving so late this year, I am really confused as to when to go.

MickeyMousse
01-09-2008, 01:03 PM
We were there during it on our last trip and it wasn't an issue. It was also Int'l Food and Wine at Epcot and crowds were manageable. What we did encounter-big crowd wise-was Soap Star Weekend. Not only at MGM, but all parks seemed to be very crowded during this time. The onslaught of soap opera fans surely outdid the New Jersey visitors!

Ruprect
01-09-2008, 01:19 PM
We were there in 2004 during Jersey Week and had a great time. Crowds were still low and all the people from NJ there couldn't be nicer. Now that I'm done with doing Free Dining (if it is even offered this year) we're considering going back at this time again.

SBETigg
01-09-2008, 01:31 PM
We've been there during that time-- our MA schools also have some days off-- and it really wasn't bad at all, as far as crowds.

stitchcousin
01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Thought you might like an opinion from a Jersey mom who visits WDW during "Jersey Week". No problem with crowds at all. The only time it was slightly crowded, IMHO, was at Epcot, but its the F&W festival. And, I do not go to any of the parks on Saturdays or Sundays because it is too crowded for me, but I believe its because many Florida residents go on the weekends. I would still use fast passes, but we always go down that week because the kids only miss 2 days of school, the temperature is fantastic, and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get on any ride (I do get fast passes for all the rides that offer them).

DisneyTeen
01-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I was at the world during Jersey week this year, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I think it was more food and wine that made epcot busy, but the rest of the parks weren't that bad.

jillluvsdisney
01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I've been twice during "Jersey Week" the past couple of years. The crowds were moderate.

teambricker04
01-09-2008, 09:37 PM
We didn't think it was too bad. I wouldn't let it stop you from going. I don't know why it is dubbed "Jersey" week as I met loads of people from MA and Philly, and not a terrible amount of Jersey people.