PDA

View Full Version : Book Discussion: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

ncscgirl2005
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
DD10 read this book a couple of months ago and it is still on her list as her top favorite book of all time(this is truly incredible because the girl reads sooooo many books). I read a few pages with her at bedtime and was "entertained" but never thought about actually reading the whole book. Last Friday night I didn't have anything to read and was quite bored so she handed me that book and I READ THE ENTIRE BOOK in 2 hrs. Ok well that wasn't a big accomplishment since the book was obvisouly written for kids (big font, lots of pictures; probably less than 75 pages if you take all the pictures out and reduced the font size) :secret:. But anyway I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed this book. I was actually laughing out loud on certain parts of the book. The "Cheese Touch" portions of the book were hilarious as were the characters of Fregley (?) and Rowly. Especially the sleepover at Fregleys.

The author's name is Jeff Kinney and I believe this is his first book ever. I could be wrong but I know for sure this is the first book in the "Wimpy Kid" series. DD has already preordered his next book and is eagerly awaiting it's arrival (shhh...so am I :blush:). The "book" was originally an online book but became so popular that they decided to do a hard copy of the book. The book can still be read online at Funbrain.com but I like having the book in my hand. The hard copy is a modified version of the online book though. You can also learn interesting facts about the book at Funbrain.com.

PirateLover
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Funny you should mention this. A few weeks back my mom and I went to see The Nutcracker Ballet and there was a boy about 10 or so sitting in front of us who was reading this book before the show and during intermission. My mom and I laughed at the title, we had never heard of it. I looked over his shoulder a few times and it did seem interesting... maybe I'll check it out!

ncscgirl2005
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm sure you will enjoy it. It was hilarious!

pink
01-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a good book, I think I might have to check it out as well. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I am going to check this book out. I am always looking for books to recommend to the kids in my class.:mickey: