PDA

View Full Version : Vivien's first trip-Part 4

harlowandthemermaid
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Day 4-Thursday the 13th

I was so not ready when the alarm went off at 6:15! I had to hit snooze, I couldn’t help it.
Today was EE day at MK so we wanted to take advantage of that extra hour that the park is only open to Disney hotel guests! By the time we got ready, parked at the Poly and made it over to MK it was at least 8:30 but a little early is better than not at all!
We went straight to Fantasyland to get on rides like Pooh and Peter Pan that tend to get long lines really early in the day. I bought Vivien a new hat in the Pooh store, which like many shops is conveniently placed at the ride exit to tempt you ;)
We took a fun little spin on the teacups, it’s nice and leisurely when there’s no rowdy person in the cup trying to make you spin fast. WE thought about stopping to see Alice and the Mad hatter out greeting guests but decided to go ahead and ride the rides while Vivien was awake and the lines were short.
We went to visit the dolls on It’s a Small World, which Vivien seemed to enjoy. I laugh because Sam used to fall asleep on that ride….always. Maybe because it's so long.
WE did a few more rides and then Viv was getting sleepy so we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion, a nice dark ride perfect for nursing a sleepy infant. There seemed to be a delay in boarding which made her a little grumpy, but just as I thought she was going to have an outburst or that I was going to have to sit down in the middle of the line and comfort her(we were already inside and past the stretching room) the ride started back up. I hadn’t ridden it since the recent updates and the new additions looked great. It’s such a campy ride anyway and not at all scary. Of course Viv fell right to sleep and we enjoyed a nice ride with the spooks and I left the ride humming Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize!!!!!
With Vivien asleep I decided to take this opportunity to ride my absolute favorite ride of all time SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I never ever get tired of this ride, it is the best flume ride ever. I love the theming, the story, the hills, the music, what’s not to love? Well, unless you don’t like getting wet. I was not in the front seat so I didn’t get too wet. It was great to be back on my favorite ride again and I really felt like Sam was riding with me in spirit. He probably would’ve met the height requirement this year and I always had looked forward to the day when we could ride together. Splash Mountain IS my laughing place!
We decided to bypass Big Thunder and headed over to Adventureland but much to my dismay Pirates of the Caribbean was closed. ARRGH, maybe next time.
We headed over to Tomorrowland for some fun on Buzz Lightyear’s space ranger spin, and I still managed to beat my mom even while holding Vivien…haha. Although, I’m not very good either, I can never shoot the really high scoring “Z”’s. It’s still a good time though, always. WE took a little spin on the TTA to complete our morning at the MK because it was time for our late breakfast at the Kona CAFÉ.
No time to meander around the Poly before breakfast as we were just getting in before lunch. WE both enjoyed the delicious Macadamia Pineapple pancakes and some tasty Kona Coffee. WDW for the most part has yucky coffee so this was a change of pace.
We went outside for a short walk around the resort and I bought a Poly mug in their giftshop and then we were headed home to the Beach Club for a break.
Ian had a few extra tickets to tonights MVMCP that he offered to us(Thanks again for thinking of us:mickey:), because again tonights party was sold out, but we were so darn tired that I could tell it just was not going to happen. We were very worried about how Viv would handle a late night event and figured that doing it on a night when my mom and I were already too tired would probably be a bad idea. So we missed out again!
Back at the room, Viv decided to take a nap so I took this opportunity to head out to the quiet pool solo to do some laundry and relax. By this point in the trip we already had a lot of dirty clothes, but it was great that the laundry was by the pool so I could at least do something relaxing in the meantime. I had some quality “me” time floating around the pool and enjoying the warm sunshine. Eventually mommom and Vivien came out to join us and we discussed plans for the remainder of the day.
We decided to take it easy and just walk over to Epcot to look at the countries and watch the Candlelight Processional. Because we had not bought a dinner package we planned to watch it from the American Adventure pavilion area.

With laundry finally complete we decided to grab a quick bite at beaches and cream before heading to Epcot. We knew that getting a dinner ressie at Epcot would be out of the question. The service was very poor, which is unusual for beaches. 3 other tables were seated after us and got waited on first. I finally had to ask someone what was going on and when a server finally came over it was obvious she did not want to wait on us. I have no idea why, we were very perplexed about the whole thing. Anyway….for that reason we just got a small snack and headed over to Epcot. Since we didn’t get our ice cream because of the poor service we had espresso and gelati in Italy. We enjoyed a nice walk around World Showcase and Vivien enjoyed a nap and we got a nice spot in front of the America Pavilion to watch and listen to the Candlelight Processional. I believe that Chita Rivera was the celebrity narrator. The music was beautiful as always but it was somewhat loud and Vivien woke up. I took her over to look at the train and the tree and once she was awake and adjusted I took her to see Santa but the line was too long, and to be honest, I was just too tired.
WE called it quits for the nights after the show and headed back to our resort. My mom and Vivien hung out in the room and I sat on our patio to watch the fireworks. We obviously couldn’t get the whole Illuminations experience from our patio, but it was cool that the sights and sounds of Epcot were THAT close.
I think we fell asleep as soon as Illuminations was over, we were very tired and for that reason quite glad we had not gone to MVMCP.

Next up: fun times at MGM and MVMCP finally!

murphy1
01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I just caught up on your reports, Mel. Viv is so great traveling and sounds like a wonderful trip! I would love to stay at BC someday, that must have been neat to be that close to Epcot and have your own personal viewing area.

pdrlkr
01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds like the 3 of you are really having a wonderful trip!

MauiMouse
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Sounds like another fantastic day at Disney. :mickey:

princessgirls
01-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your report Mel.

I agree what's not to Love about Splash! Sam was with you, don't you worry.

Julie:mickey:

faline
01-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Very nice day. Sorry you missed out on the party but, sometimes, it is more important to rest!

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

vizsla
01-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Another great day. Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I am sure that Sam was sitting with you on Splash, and also watching his little sister enjoy all his favorite WDW things. Sounds like a really lovely day, thanks for sharing it. :mickey: