PDA

View Full Version : What value hotel is best?

Kennywife
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
We are looking to do a pre-stay at one of the value resorts before we go to CBR. :cloud9: Which one is best?

Anna

Christine
01-09-2008, 12:01 AM
I like All Star Sports!

Tink#64
01-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Everyone's going to tell you which is their fav, so here's my :twocents: worth!

We stayed at ASMo's for our 1st trip & we loved it! But then Pop Century opened & so we wanted to give it a try & now we've stayed there our last three trips! But I have to say for our first trip, ASMo's was great! DS's were so into the movie Toy Story & they had these huge icons of Woody & Buzz, DS's loved those! We have the cutest pic in our kitchen of them in the RC car at ASMo's!

Reasons we prefer Pop over As's:

No shared buses
Intereactive water jets
newer
cool themeing
FUN!

I think the bus situation is really a biggie for us. ASMo's is last in the All Star lineup & by the time that the busses would get to us, they were usually full! We'd either opt to stand or wait & hope for a seat on the next bus. It's really nice that Pop doesn't share with another resort & they only have one bus stop area! But we think Pop Century is just fantastic! It is so cool! We've thought about trying a moderate & we're a little afraid that we'd be disappointed! To each his own, and for us, right now, it's POP! :thumbsup:

Crow
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Pop
newer, better location, 1 bus stop,icees

disneymom15
01-09-2008, 09:22 AM
We've stayed at all 4 values. Hands down, POP is our favorite. Food court is nicer and bus system is better.

pox24
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
POP :thumbsup:

gauvin4
01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I have only stayed at ASMu and POP. POP gets my vote. I too liked the food court better and having only the one bus stop is FANTASTIC!! :thumbsup:

tennantsrwe
01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
POP gets my vote as well. We stayed at ASSp this past December and POP in 05. POP was much nicer, IMHO. The food court, gift shop, rooms....just the overall theme I think was more complete in all the areas of the hotel. Plus it's by itself so it seems like there are less people. Not to mention we found it easier to find...more signage...when we drove to the parks. I think you'd be happy if you gave it a try!

big blue and hairy
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
We've stayed at all 4 values. Hands down, POP is our favorite. Food court is nicer and bus system is better.
What she said ;) Plus DW and I much prefer the decor of the rooms at Pop. They're the same size and layout, but the furniture doesn't look like tinker toys.

:sulley:

DDuck66
01-09-2008, 11:55 AM
IMHO, the POP is the best value resort. We have stayed there several times at several different buildings and have always enjoyed our stay. We love their bus stop (No sharing with other resorts) and have even found that their food court seems to be better than most.

Mikey Piano 23
01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
To go a little against the grain I enjoyed All Star Music over Pop. Her are my reasons why...

The food court at Pop is pretty busy..all the time and I found that it was very messy as well. I understand that its hard to keep it spotless but it seemed like when we were there there was just no one cleaning up stuff off the floor.

The buses: The buses to POP were always SOOO crowded and it seemed like we needed to wait forever to get them where as the all stars there was more buses more often. Yes they do stop at the other resorts but at the end of the day I really didnt care...as long as I had a seat.

Rooms were nice at both resorts although POP is newer. Both the theming I thought was fun

Only my opinion! I am sure u will have a great time no matter where you stay! :mickey:

adoptionislove
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Pop Century!

teambricker04
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
We've never stayed at POP, but I think it may be on our list after reading this!

I think if you are going to pick an AS, do Sports as it is the first on the bus stops. I liked the themes of all three, but our DS#1 liked the sports the best.

Also, we have stayed in the Family Suites at Music and we LOVE it. With two little kids, we can get them to bed and my DH and I can hang out and relax. Plus, there are two bathrooms which is great!

jszczur5
01-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Having only ever stayed at POP - I vote for POP. Huge food court with lots of selections a plentiful seating. Food court open until midnight. 3 pools. Souvenier MIckey face soap, bath soap, and bottle of shampoo each day.

Teay
01-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Pop Century rocks! :thumbsup:

I agree with everything mentioned above and wanted to add that, if you get a chance and stay at Pop, try and take just a little time to walk all around the resort and see all the cool icons and decorations...they're amazing! The signs posted around the lake along the walkway really take you back.

And, if at all possible, be sure to try the grilled vegetable lasagna at the food court. It's wonderful! :tasty:

disneynarula
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I think they are pretty much all the same. I have stayed at Movies, Music and Pop. Having stayed at Moderates for many years I was pleasently surprised at our most recent trip to Pop. The room was clean and all our requests were granted. The pool was also very nice.

That being said, we did not use the bus system and only used the food court once. We were on the DDP and used our credits elsewhere. We also decided to rent a car. Renting a car was well worth the money!!!!

I would stay at any of the values again as long as we were renting a car. I thnk the transportation is terrible at all the values. No matter what WDW claims; the more you pay for your room the better the service.

Trixie1822
01-10-2008, 11:48 AM
POP:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
01-10-2008, 12:10 PM
The only value we've ever stayed at was Pop, but we loved it! We tried it out for a long weekend trip, and loved it so much we went back for an 11 day trip!

Food court is great (we mostly did breakfasts there), and wasn't terribly busy when we ate there.

Buses were actually very good. We only had long, long lines when leaving a park at closing time, but other than that, buses were plentiful. We hardly ever had to wait more than a few minutes for one, either at the resort or at the parks.

Our room was very clean and well maintained. Our mousekeepers were wonderful, and left many little towel creatures for us.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

JoDisney
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
POP is the best. It is right beside CBR, too.

adoptionislove
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I must agree with SurferStitch.

We stayed at POP and NEVER had a bus problem leaving the Pop. The only problem we had was leaving MK it was a really LONG line! and with 2 little ones it was even longer.

Hull-onian
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
We like All Star Sports. It is comfy there, not as big as the POP. Have a great time.:mickey: