PDA

View Full Version : Parking Wars

PirateLover
01-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Anybody catch this new show on A&E? It features the Philadelphia Parking Authority. We were only able to catch the last 20 mins (We were having MAJOR cable issues :mad: ) but we were all hysterical laughing. I mean, it's so frustrating when you're in the middle of stuff like that but they way they present it is very interesting and comical to a certain extent. I guess it also helps that we can identify many of the areas as well as the types of people that they are dealing with ;)

prprincess
01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Aw darn! I knew that there was something on last night that I wanted to see, but forgot what it was! I was curious to see if she showed any of the metermen from the Art Museum parking area...hubby swears one of them is targeting him. LOL!

cmay0507
01-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi I did watch it, I acutally work for the parking authority at the Tow Lot I am not a lot officer I am an analyst. They actually filmed for about 8 months.

PirateLover
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
We DVR'd the replay. I recognized two of the ticketers. The first male they showed I've definitely seen around center city in the summer. My cousin thought he was cute so we'd cat call at him on the way home from work. :blush:

And, Apparently the ticketer Danielle from the 2nd episode had a run in once with my brother's friend.

It really can be nerve wracking sometimes... for instance yesterday I had to park at an out of order meter. It was a 3 hour parking zone and the meter said "See time limit." But what if someone came and fixed my meter like what happened to the guy in the episode? Then I'd be ticketed and it really is a pain to fight these things.

J9
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
OMG. I'll have to watch this. That annoying woman who gives out tickets by Temple U. better not be on there or I will start throwing things at the tv....HAHAHA

DisneyDog
01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
We did watch a little bit of it, and saw the guy with the meter that was fixed. How frustrating for him! Thank goodness we have tons of free parking in the suburbs! Otherwise I'd probably never leave home! (Even when I did work downtown in University City, I did pay to park in a lot. I just cannot deal with meters).