PDA

View Full Version : Osborne lights preview and other Christmas decorations around the world?

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I have read that there are special previews of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights prior to the official unveiling after Thanksgiving. Does anyone know when exactly that is. I have read that they are slotted to begin on November 12th. Does that mean that they are avaliable for viewing every night or only on select nights? We've never been in November and I am largely unfamiliar with the holiday happenings in WDW. We are heading down November 6th - 16, if there is anything else special going on during this time I'd love to hear about it.

One more question. . . when do the rest of the parks and resorts begin putting up their Christmas decorations?

Magic Smiles
01-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't exactly know when the decorations go up but we did happen to notice this year while watching the Disney Christmas Parade that the decorations across Main Street were not up. When we went to MK on the 6 Dec, the decorations were all up.

PiratesCove
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I was @ WDW Nov 11-16, 2007 and the lights were up at the studios and they were on every night. MK also had the Christmas deco's up! No worries about not see them when you go during that time.:santa:

chrisb26
01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
not sure about the osbourne lights but when I was there this year they started putting the decorations up Halloween Week. By the time I left Nov. 3rd it seemed all decorations where up at MGM and alot where up at Epcot none where up at MK yet but that was because they where still doing the Halloween party on the 2nd.

Zippy 1
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
When we went in November the Osborne Lights came on the first weekend we were there. So it was around the 9th or 10th. Most of the parks were decorated when we arrived - they kept adding during our stay.

CaptainSad
01-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I know this is after the fact but, the Osbourne lights start going up in August. You try putting up 5 Million lights and see how long it takes you. lol

KAT1811
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I know this is after the fact but, the Osbourne lights start going up in August. You try putting up 5 Million lights and see how long it takes you. lol

I can't even imagine. I bought all brand new lights for our Christmas tree (all 10-11 ft of it) and after I put them all up (yes I checked each strand before I put them on even though they were new) there were two strands that only half of the lights lit up!!! They were towards the top and middle of the tree. Luckily I put tons of lights on so I just filled in the spots (the tree was pretty wide so a strand didn't go very far). I can't imagine putting up all those lights!!!!!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-09-2008, 05:12 PM
This year, the preview was during Super Soap Weekend. But the CM's aren't supposed to give out any info to confirm or deny the preview. So it's like a surprise.