PDA

View Full Version : Activities during Pirate & Princess Party?

rjmdds
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi. We are planning on going to the Pirate & Princess Party on 4/29 (though Disney seems to be the last ones aware of the April dates!). Anyway, it will be our first Disney "party" so we don't know what to expect. My question is... are the parties designed for people to experience attractions with shorter waits or are there lots of different things going on related to the party? If we will be in the MK several times during our trip, would this time be better suited experiencing the Pirate & Princess festivities? Thanks.

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
It's a bit of both.

Wait times were nill when we went Aug 11th. We walked on every single ride we approached. We never waited in line.

There are a lot of fun things to do that aren't there during regular park hours as well. Character meets, dance parties, games, treasure and costumes.

Deesdisney
01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I will be going at the end of this month and was also wondering about this. Is it like the Christmas Party? What kind of games do they have? Do they cost extra money?

Joy2theworld
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
When we were there in Sept. and went to the party, there weren't any extra costs for the little games they set up. They had stations where they gave out "loot" such as candy and bead necklaces. They had a place where you could have your picture taken with Captain Jack, but that was the longest wait of the night. They also had other picture stations set up that were cute like Cinderella's carriage. We really had a great time when we went, but wouldn't have wanted to spend a ton of time riding the rides as we loved the parade and fireworks.... don't miss those!! We road a few things with no wait at all.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
If you go to meet Jack around parade times, the liens are pretty small. And it moves fairly quickly (the step-up is the same as the Judge's Tent).

They also had some fun games like "dunk the pirate" and "cannon blasters." I loved it and went twice, and will do more than that this year (working on the princess part of the costume - huzzah for blue Aurora!)

Belle619
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
When my sister and I attended the P & P last year, we definitely enjoyed both aspects. :princess:

The photo opportunities are not to be missed - especially Cinderella's coach - and the parade and fireworks were absolutely wonderful, but who would expect less from Disney?!?!?! :mickey:

We loved being able to walk onto rides. None of the mountains had lines and we actually got off and right back on IASW.