PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to parks?

rubato
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
How long does it take to get to each of the parks from FW? Does the boat take you to only MK? Do you then have to take the monorail between the parks? Is there a set schedule for all of this? Thanks guys!

NJ Camper
01-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes you can get to Magic kingdom from the boats or by bus but you will find boat faster the other parks and downtown area can be gotten to by bus either from by the front gate or by pioneer hall depending on which park you are going to last I heard the boat to magic kingdom know goes right there it use to go to the wilderness lodge also but they split them up there is other parks like epcot that have boats to (mgm)that is now renamed most times buses don't take to long oh yeah and if you have or want to rent a golfcart it makes getting from your site to the right end of the camp ground to get the bus you want faster or you will have to walk to a bus stop then take the right bus to the bus that will take you to the park

NJ Camper
01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
To help answer more of your ?'s when you get on a bus at FW to what was MGM is more likely the shorter trip is about 15 min epcot about20 min animal kingdom the farthest about 25min the boat ride to the MK about 10 min know it is a direct trip it use to also go to Wilderness lodge which made it more like 20 min

monorail can help you get from MK to epcot or the otherway or if you want to get to one of the other hotels for food like chef mickey or the polenesian as I said earlier there is a boat from epcot to what was MGM also

schedules for buses the run about every 20-25 min depending on how busy it is

the buses in the camp ground that run from the site area to either the front gate or as they call it out post and the one that runs to the pioneer hall area run every few min you will see there is 2 or 3 routes depending on your site number as to which works best for you or there is always the electric cart(golf cart) rentals then you don't wait for the bus up front or down to pioneer hall if you are going to the buffet or hoop dee doo revue you can drive your golf cart almost to the door and you don't need to walk from your site either

then there is the bike option yo can pedal to the front gate area or pioneer hall area and lock them up at the bike racks there

hope this helps

AuntLaura
01-10-2008, 08:27 PM
It seems to depend on the volume at WDW. We have found that at busy times, there seem to be more buses, whereas at lower volume times, seems the buses run less often. From within FW, seems you can wait 20 minutes for a bus. Then, you have to wait for the boat at the Settlement, or the bus at the Outpost.

About 1/2 hour from the dock - in the morning the first boat comes 1/2 before MK opens and it seems we are always arriving just as MK opens.

For the other parks, during the day, I give myself a good hour - if a bus arrives promptly, the trip can be quite fast. If not, it can take you some time riding the buses to get where you are going. We always have a car and drive to Studios, Epcot and AK, but always take the boat to MK.