PDA

View Full Version : March 2008 Vs. September 2008

WriteDisney
01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Okay, because of our current budget constraints its looking like an Easter trip to Disney this year is becoming increasingly more difficult. Especially because we've already accepted an invitation to attend a friend's wedding in September in Disney. We made plans for the Easter trip first so we just thought we would go twice this year, but now its looking like that would be pushing our economic abilities.

How much less crowded will September be? Are alot of major rides closed? I heard that a crane is up during September in front of the castle, is that a major negative?

Basically I'm asking you to make me feel better about moving this vacation. I've been looking forward to it since last summer and even though I know it makes sense to move it to September its still kind of difficult. Thank intercot! :(

Strmchsr
01-08-2008, 05:55 PM
The restaurants will be jam packed if they offer the free dining plan again in September, and while that has made the attendance in the parks go up it should still be a good bit less crowded than March, especially close to Easter.

Yes, big rides are often closed then for the refurbs. It's a risk you run for going during a "slower" time. However, this is not always the case, and if you go late enough in the month you could catch a MNSSHP.

Darbylew
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I think it will be a lot less crowded in September
than in March. Since Easter falls in March this
year then there will be a lot of schools out for
spring break unless of course you go the very
end of March. We are going March 31. :mickey:

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
We go every year in September and it's wonderful. A bit hot but still wonderful. The restaurants are a bit more crowded than they used to be because of the DDP but we just plan accordingly and make our ADRs 180 days in advance and have never had any trouble getting exactly what we wanted. There is never much of a wait on many of the rides. The only major ride that was closed for rehab that I remember was Spaceship Earth but that was down for a really long time due to a complete rehab. Actually I can't remember a single other ride being closed. We have never encountered a crane in front of the castle. We love WDW in September! I'm disappointed that we have to go in November this year but for business reasons we have to. I think you'll be pleasantly surprized.

Plus many schools are on spring break in March adding to the crowds. September is one of the quietest times of the year because most children are just going back to school.

PetefromRI
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Sept. is an awesome time to go.Just keep an eye on the weather being the middle of hurricane season,don't worry WDW very rarely gets effected by storms.At least you guys know what's affordable.I hate seeing people kill their budgets and go deep in debt for a trip to Disney.As you can see by my signature,we went very rarely when we were a young couple with little ones,the budget just wouldn't allow it.Now that the kids are grown we seem to be making up for lost time!;)

WriteDisney
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, they are greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to it now, instead of being disappointed that I'm not going. Any other opinions on September?

Bri
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
September is AWESOME! We went in Sept 2005 and 2006 and it was great. We never waited in line for anything. Yes the restaurants are crowded but just make ADR's and you will be fine. It is very hot but your not battling the crowds which makes it fine. There were times we would be walking into Epcot and not see a single person around the fountains by innovations. It's really great, you will enjoy yourself.

MouseManiac
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM
We've gone the last two years in September, and loved it! In '06 we missed free dining, but got it last year. My advice would be to book your rooms as soon as your dates are firmed up (especially if you're doing Value). Second most important, make your dining reservations for every night that you will be there (you can always cancel ones you don't want if free dining is not offered) as soon as you are 180 days out. That way if they offer free dining, you can call your travel agent, change your reservation and not have to worry about fighting with all the other free diners for the coveted reservations.

It is still hot, hot, hot but bearable... the crowds are super light mid-week, and pick up on the weekend... I think there are a lot of long -weekend warriors. Use the resources here as far as menus, deals, closings, and tips... They'll save your life!

Finally... buy a good pair of Crocs! No,no, not the big ugly ones... some of the cute sandal ones... I did 10 days last Sept, pushing a stroller, and chasing 3 kids in a pair of the Patra. Never a sore foot, or a back ache! A far cry from the year before when I thought I was smart with a good pair of sneakers!

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip and maybe we'll see ya there!