PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Show

rubato
01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I just reserved a Category 1 table for this show. Tell the truth, is it worth it? It seems pretty pricey. But, I figured if we were going to do it, I wanted to be able to see the show. The atmosphere looks wonderful from what I can tell online, but we've never been. So, I was hoping to hear from those of you who have first hand knowledge. Thanks!:)

JMTStone
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
We were just there Thanksgiving week! My kids loved the show. I thought the salad was great. The dinner was good too. I didn't care for the desert. My DD6 got to go up on stage as it was her birthday and we have great pictures of her dancing! The better seating did make a difference for me. We got to see and take pictures of a lot of cool stuff. DH loved his Pina Colada!

mreinventtt
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Hello. We went to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show in August of '07. We didnt like it. :down: The food was strange and my kids were BORED! :sleepin:
We were ready to leave before the show was over. Don't waste your money. :spend: I would much rather see the Hoopty Doo, now that was FUN and the food was GREAT!
Missy :wave:

brogan54
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
we went this past sept and didn't care for it. the food was fine the show was terrible i would cancel and rebook for the hoop de doo much more entertaining.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Our family likes it (we've seen it twice in the last three years). It has a bit of a bad reputation around here, but I think they have improved their food quality quite a bit from years ago (mid 90s). The same people that knock this show seem to love Hoop De Doo but I thought that was some of the worst food I've had at Disney.

Also, the poster above was correct - they have a very good salad.

The Spirit of Aloha show is a bit corny (a lot of things at Disney are) but the performers are very talented.

mreinventtt
01-08-2008, 07:09 PM
SOA is 90 minutes of your time you will wish you had back. It is by far the worst show i have ever seen. The food is so bad.:ack::ack: The entertainment will make you want to run and never look back:bolt: Save your money and time.

Anthony

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
We went to the Luau for our Thanksgiving dinner. We reserved cat 1 seating 6 mos in advance of our arrival. We were seated towards the side,(not all the way to the side, but certainly not in the center), and there was a huge pole in front of one side of our table. We were expecting better for cat 1 seats booked so far in advance. This was our second time seeing the show, the first being in 2004 before they had category seating, and we made out better the first time when they just seated us where they picked!

MegaDisney
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I have enjoyed this show a couple of times. It is weird cuz most everyone on Intercot has always disliked it (even when I asked advice about it back in 1997) and on other discussion boards people love it.

I personally thought the Hoop de Doo was boring and you could get better food at KFC, but that is just me.

MY POINT: Don't let other opinions sway you, take each with a grain of salt and do what you think your family would enjoy more.

teambricker04
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I happen to like this show. It is a bit corny at first, but the dancers are great. I didn't think the food was gross...just not terribly memorable. We went before our DS#1 was born, and I think now, at three, he would LOVE the show. When we were there it was right before hurricane so the place was DEAD. Lots of the little kids sat up infront of the tables to watch and danced along. I do agree... the poles are very intrusive. I say it is worth the money... it reminds me of Disney from the 80's... gotta love that :mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-08-2008, 11:42 PM
We went to the Luau for our Thanksgiving dinner. We reserved cat 1 seating 6 mos in advance of our arrival. We were seated towards the side,(not all the way to the side, but certainly not in the center), and there was a huge pole in front of one side of our table. We were expecting better for cat 1 seats booked so far in advance. This was our second time seeing the show, the first being in 2004 before they had category seating, and we made out better the first time when they just seated us where they picked!Both our recent visits were prior to the tiered pricing and I believe your placement depended upon when you made your ADR. We booked both our shows at the maximum time out and both times we were front row center.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I personally thought the Hoop de Doo was boring and you could get better food at KFC, but that is just me.No, not just you. :ack:

MY POINT: Don't let other opinions sway you, take each with a grain of salt and do what you think your family would enjoy more.Well said. The show has been around for a long time...somebody must like it! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I just reserved a Category 1 table for this show. Tell the truth, is it worth it?
No!

Deansgal85
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
We went in November....we liked it. We thought the food was good. THe pictures they took of our family turned out awesome! I made everyone wear a hawaiian shirt---we used the pics for our Christmas cards. We were in tier 3 seats---but had fun. It's like everything else in life....it's what you make it! We enjoyed the food and the show. I think it is worth a try----to figure out your own opinion! Have fun!:mickey::marg:

mreinventtt
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
If you do end up going.Please let me know how it went. Most everyone i talk to agrees with my opion. While at disney there are thousands of things i would rather be doing with my time sleeping being one of them.