PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Does the JC run after dark? I have never been on it after dark so I think it would be really cool. Anyone?

KAJUNKING
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
yes, and i find the captains get more loose after dark, i think its the best time to ride

JPL
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
The Jungle Cruise after dark is awesome it's a completely different experience. I would highly suggest riding it during the day and then at night.

TBY2225
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I posted a question a few weeks ago about favorite rides after dark. JC got very high praise to see at night. Only BTMRR and Splash Mt beat it!

thrillme
01-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Ride it both times. Day and night. We always end up going in the summer so we cherish the short line for Jungle Cruise at night.

I too agree. It's even more fun at night because the CM's loosen up a bit and throw in a little of their own uniqueness.

laprana
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes, it stays open after dark. We rode it last summer during evening EMH and it was really fun! It gave it a whole different feel. :thumbsup:

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
We rode JC after dark this summer. Our family of four were the only ones on the boat, so the CM asked us if we've been on the ride before. When we told her "Yes, twice in the last three days, and we know all the lines", she said we would do something different. After she did the set up for each corny joke, she would then point to us and let us shout out the punchline. It was great fun, and a nice way to end the evening.
JC is actually nicer after dark - it's cooler (temperature wise) and more atmospheric. The very outdated animatronics are more believable in the dark.

Magic Smiles
01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
It always seemed to be closed after dark when we wanted to go on JC.

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I always seemed to be closed after dark when we wanted to go on JC.

That has been my issue every time.

DisneyWhirled, DWHubby, and kakn7294, you must help me to be sure we get to do this. Please help.....I have only ever made it in the daytime.

joanna71985
01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
I love riding the JC at night! It is so cool!

kakn7294
01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
That has been my issue every time.

DisneyWhirled, DWHubby, and kakn7294, you must help me to be sure we get to do this. Please help.....I have only ever made it in the daytime.Definately! I love JC and would love to ride it in the dark.

Melanie
01-09-2008, 01:22 AM
At night is awesome!

I too agree. It's even more fun at night because the CM's loosen up a bit and throw in a little of their own uniqueness.

Absolutely! We had the best CM a few years back and he went totally off script. I don't think I've laughed that hard since. He was brilliant! :funny:

dolphinmickey9170
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
At night is awesome!

Absolutely! We had the best CM a few years back and he went totally off script. I don't think I've laughed that hard since. He was brilliant! :funny:

This would be so cool as the last couple of times I have been on this ride, our skipper was working so hard to get the words out of his mouth, it was like he was Ben Stein reading a book out loud.........zzzzzz

Jobasha3000
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
The last time we went on it it was just before WISHES so the skipper obviously couldnt wait for his shift to end .... he looked like he really had been stuck in the jungle for a while :D Towards the end of the tour he asked "who's with me to go to epcot and get drunk!" it was hilarious

Meghan
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I love Jungle Cruise after dark. I don't know why, but the experience is so much better. It's almost spooky when you're just about to enter the temple part.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Yes it does run at night. Last year was the first time my famly rode this attraction under the cloak of darkness. It was cool. I actually prefer it at night. Sorry we didn't do it sooner.:thumbsup:

albino_pygmy
12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Of course Jungle Cruise runs after dark, we call this "tomorrow morning."

I find it funny how most of you say that the skips are "more loose" at night, when actually it's because their day is almost done, and after working +8 hours already, they're actually more loopy than loose and say just about anything and makes for an interesting cruise in the dark. Lets just hope they lost their minds and not their keen sense of direction ;)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-20-2008, 02:07 AM
yes, and i find the captains get more loose after dark, i think its the best time to ride

Excuse me, but there are no captains on the Jungle Cruise.

Do you know the difference between a captain and a skipper?

Captains go down with their ship.

Skippers skip out at the first sign of trouble.

And hence, we are Jungle Cruise Skippers, NOT Captains.

Take her back, Skip!

albino_pygmy
12-20-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm usually one to correct anyone who calls me captain, but I find it ironic that you, CaptainJessicaSparrow are pointing out that we're skippers, and not captains :D

AP, takin' it to 2.

mainemajor
12-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Love it at night, best time to ride.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm usually one to correct anyone who calls me captain, but I find it ironic that you, CaptainJessicaSparrow are pointing out that we're skippers, and not captains :D

AP, takin' it to 2.

It's CaptainJessica because of my husband, Captain Jack Sparrow. Hence...Captain Jessica Sparrow. :D:D

LoriMistress
12-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Depends on what time of year you go. On December last year JC closed at 7pm. It's truly a great ride to go on during the evening. You should also try BTMRR, HM, and SpM at night.

mainemajor
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Depends on what time of year you go. On December last year JC closed at 7pm. It's truly a great ride to go on during the evening. You should also try BTMRR, HM, and SpM at night.

Like so much at Disney these rides are completly different and better at night.

albino_pygmy
12-23-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm sure that was on a night of the Christmas Party, Jungle Cruise closes down for that because they need the CMs that work there to help run the party for that area.

Sinewiz
12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Seems I'm the only one that didn't care for the Jungle Cruise after dark. After riding the JC more time than I can count I rode it after dark just a few days back (Dec 20th) for the first time. I guess I was expecting the jungle to have some of it's own lighting as opposed to only spot lights projected from the boat being the only lighting. Anyway, I would probably not go on after dark a second time. ;)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-30-2008, 12:23 AM
You know what is best....riding the boat completely alone, with all the lights off. Now that makes for one scary Jungle Cruise ride.*

*=Please note that this is referred to as a dead boat, meaning no people.

stitchaholic
12-30-2008, 07:25 AM
we will definitly try this in the dark this time around,sound fun!
my most memorable experience with rides at night was last year,it was drizzling,well it was rain that turned into a drizzle,we had already seen wishes,so we headed out to TMR,we were on the ride while the fireworks were going off,it was such a great memory to be on the ride,watching the fireworks go off over the castle.

albino_pygmy
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
As for the dead boats, I love 'em! I do the same thing too and shut off my lights and go cruising in complete darkness, and make sure I also play the role of the dead skipper too and stop right at Scwheitzer Falls, laying halfway out of the boat in a dead limp, just to see if the other boat would ever notice or the skipper would say anything, and for the most part haven't heard them change their spiel to include a dead skipper. There was one time I got into a little gun duel at the Falls and I lost. Good times :D

Melanie
12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Moderator Warning!

All off-topic banter in this thread has been deleted. I thank you for now returning to the topic at hand - riding Jungle Cruise at night.