PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach vs Coronado Springs

stitchcousin
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone!! Need your help. Our family has always stayed at PO (French Qtr, Riverside, Alligator Bayou), and loved it there, but we want to try something new. DH would like to try the deluxe resorts, but I don't know if it's worth all the extra $ or not. So, can you give me any advice about CB or CS?

DizzKnee
01-08-2008, 05:27 PM
First Off, i was errr... 8, when i went to CB. So, my advice can be viewed as what i remember, which may or may not be exagerated (sp?). I remember being there, that everyday we had to walk a very very long way across the resort to get to the foodcourt and buses. The food was mediocre, and me and my 8 year old self was not pleased with the crunchy macaroni and cheese. So, personally, i didn't care for my stay.. But as i said, i was 8 :-)

snerd475
01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I much prefer CB to CS. I've stayed at each twice, but am going back to CB 1/25.
Just at CS last month, and for a second time:1) I had to wait at check-in for CM to "check with a supervisor" for one thing or another; 2) I was overcharged for the room - they fixed it both times, but it was a pain to have to call them the morning of check-out; 3) It's the longest walk ever from the parking lot to the room - much more spread out than CB; 4) HATE the food court! You can't just go get your stuff like most other fcs. You have to have a ticket and get it stamped according to what you purchase. I waited so long for my pizza that my DDs chicken nuggets were long-devoured by the time I got it - and we hadn't even paid yet! AND they charge you a 10% fee - just for the pleasure of buying your dinner there! I won't stay at the CS anymore! :mad:
They do have a great pool, however. It's not all horrible.
I never had any problem at CB. I do believe the main pool is going to be closed thru Sept., though. They are adding a couple slides to other quiet pools to compensate, I've heard.

kathiep
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I've stayed at both CBR and CS. I would stay at both again.

Things I like about CS:

the variety of choices at the food court is much greater than that of the other food courts

the quality of the food is much better

I love getting all my food first and sitting down to enjoy it before worrying about paying. On my previous visits at other food courts, I was always juggling my tray, full with food items, trying to watch my kids and keep them in line and trying to get my wallet out. It was a night mare.

The walk around the lake, especially at night is gorgeous.

The buses are never crowded.

Actually, I've never found any area to be overly crowded, the pool, playground or arcade. I think this is due to the conventioners not using these areas during the day.

The pool is fantastic.

Things I like about CBR:

It's a beautiful resort to walk around.

It isn't as far from your parking lot to your room like at CSR.

I love the island atmosphere. You really feel like you are on vacation in the islands.

Jobasha3000
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I absolutely love the scenery at CS as well as the theming and the massive pool area. The food there is good as well. The only memory I have of CB is that we tried to find the main lobby and ended up lost in the woods :p

c&d
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I've only stayed at CSR and I loved it. The resort is beautiful especially at night. I also liked the main pool area, it never got really crowded when we were there.

The choices at the food court were great. I don't always want a burger or pizza, so having the many choices was great.

I also liked that it has a health club, it's the only non deluxe that has one.

I will definitely stay there again.

stitchcousin
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Thank you all so much for your comments. I definitely have a lot to think about!!!:mickey:

Tygger7
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Definitely check the rehab schedule...I also seem to remember something about the CB pool being closed.

Now with that being said, let me chime in about staying at a deluxe resort. They are worth it in terms of convenience, if nothing else. GF, Poly, and CR all have monorail transportation, WL has easy boat transportation to MK, and BC, YC, & Boardwalk are walking distance to Epcot & DHS. (There's the AKL too, but it's too far away from the parks for my tastes.) If there's ANY way you can swing a deluxe, DO IT. The WL is the "cheapest" deluxe and is our favorite. I just can't bear the thought of staying anywhere else, ....although I do want to stay at the Poly someday just to experience it. We found that we spend more time at the WL than when we stayed at POFQ just because of the atmosphere....and food options. :mickey:

Sorry to muddy the waters for you, but IMHO the deluxe hotels are worth every penny.

vicster
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I have to agree with Tygger7 on the WL. We usually stay there but last September we met friends down there and they were staying at CBR so we thought we'd try it. The resort was ok but too large. Not fun walking that far in the rain to the food court. Also, it was the worst check-in I've ever had at WDW. I don't know if it's because the resort was so large or what the problem was but our room was not ready until 4:00 p.m. In the future I'll spend the extra money and stay at WL.

CaptSmee
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
My experience is that the deluxe resorts cost more for a reason. They are a much better experience, accomodations, have better food offerings and better locations than the non-deluxe resorts. I to however love both Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs Resorts. I despise POR-R and would never consider staying there again.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2008, 09:59 AM
:) Don't know about CB but CS has the best food court

Jillirose
01-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Last year was first time at CB - loved it! Got lucky and had a window view of the lake/boardwalk area. Our kids were 8 and 11 and it was very convenient to walk the boardwalk, walk to Epcot, boat to MGM. Also, best pool we've been to.

snerd475
01-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Last year was first time at CB - loved it! Got lucky and had a window view of the lake/boardwalk area. Our kids were 8 and 11 and it was very convenient to walk the boardwalk, walk to Epcot, boat to MGM. Also, best pool we've been to.

Just wondering where you go to walk to Epcot from CB, Jillirose. I can't find any map with that detail.
Thanks!

poohbearlover15
01-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I love carribean beach! Maybe since i have never stayed anywhere else but still its the best! The Scenery is soo breathtaking you really feel like you are in the carribean! It can be a long walk from your room to old port royal but its good excercize and its fun to look at everything! If really dont like walking you can just ask for marinique which is right next to the food court! The best thing about this resort is the mouse boats! They are soo fun to drive around the lake! Also there is a pool for each of the buildings! There is also a main pool with a slide and cannons! The food is just like what you would get anywhere else in disney world. its all the same to me! There is also 2 gift shops thaat have very good souvenirs! One of the reasons that we always stay at carribean beach is when you walk in the doors to old port royal and you hear the carribean music@:mickey::mickey::mickey:

BronxTigger
01-12-2008, 10:59 PM

Just wondering where you go to walk to Epcot from CB, Jillirose. I can't find any map with that detail.
Thanks!

Jillirose: Your description sounds like the Beach Club, not Caribbean Beach.

Snerd: You can't walk to Epcot from CBR, but you can from the Beach Club. CBR is close enough to Epcot that you can see "the ball" but it is not within walking distance.

OP: I have stayed at both resorts and enjoyed both. They are both huge, so unless you get a room close to the food court/pool area, you can do a lot of walking. At CBR, the main pool and the food court/gift shop are next to each other. At CSR, the pool is away from the food court/gift shop. At CBR, there are pools at each village in addition to the main pool. The CBR main pool will be closed most of 2008; it will reopen sometime in the fall. CSR's main pool is larger and the slide is better than the main pool at CBR.

CBR has 7 bus stops, CSR has 4.
Both resorts have great theming, but I prefer the Caribbean feel to the desert feel. Both resorts have the standard moderate amenities in the rooms such as a coffee pot, fridge, and a curtain between the main room and the bathroom.

I have pictures of CBR on my "home page" if you click on my name. My CSR photos are coming soon.

I would stay at either one again, but if I was going in 2008 and wanted to use the main pool I'd choose CSR over CBR. Otherwise, I'd choose CBR over CSR...I prefer it.

Gator
01-14-2008, 01:26 AM
First, I'm surprised to hear anybody loved POR in the Alligator Bayou. I stayed there on my first trip and thought it looked like a 35 year old apartment complex in South Austin (the bad side of town).

Anyway, I liked my stay at both CS and CB. But the nod goes to CS for resort beauty, great food court, huge gift shop, and best pool.

buzz2001
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
CSR has a great pool, awesome transportation and great food options.