PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Safari

KateMW
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Has anybody done the Sunrise Safari at AK? It looks pretty neat. DD loves animals, so we're really looking forward to AK day and I thought that might make it even more special!

KateMW
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok, just noticed it was for AKL guests only. Nevermind...

DizneyRox
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Actually, I think the Sunrise Safari is open to all concierge (club level) guests. The Sunset Safari is only AKL concierge guests, or it was last time I checked.

The Sunset Safari is totally worth it. I can't say the same about the Sunrise Safari.

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
We did the sunrise safari last January. It was incredible to do the backstage areas of AK park. We loved the insider stories too, that our guide Courtney told us about how the animals are trained and housed. It is very much worth the money if you can book it. As another poster said, you must be staying concierge in order to do so!:simba:

KateMW
01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm staying in Poly Concierge, so I guess I'll have to ask about it. It'd be a nice way to get an early start on our day at AK. We'll have a four year old with us, so we won't be able to do the sunset.:(

Bri
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
where can i find info about the sunrise/sunset safari's? we are staying at AKL in Dec. That sounds like something we might want to do.

TooGoofy
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Try this link http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/sunrisesafari.asp at Info Central!

BTW, we adored the Sunrise Safari. It was truly the highlight of our July trip!

Bri
01-11-2008, 11:21 AM
awesome! thanks so much for the tip!

TheRustyScupper
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
. . . Actually, I think the Sunrise Safari is open to all concierge (club level) guests. The Sunset Safari is only AKL concierge guests, or it was last time I checked . . .

1) Just vice-versa.
2) Sunrise Safari is AKL Club Level, only.
3) Sunset Safari is open to other resorts' Club Level.

Bri
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
i read in info central that the sunrise safari is open to AKL concierge guests only. what does this mean?

ThanxForNoticin
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
i read in info central that the sunrise safari is open to AKL concierge guests only. what does this mean?

Many of the deluxe resorts have their concierge level of service (which costs more). If you stay as a concierge guest at the AKL, you are then offered an extra opportunity to purchase tickets for the Sunrise Safari. That safari is awesome - an early morning look at the animals and a terrific African breakfast. If you stay as a concierge guest at any of the Disney resorts, you can do the Sunset Safari - also a wonderful experience. I hope that helps.

Bri
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
thanks for the info. i don't think we are concierge level. we just have a regular reservation. i would have really liked to do it!

DizneyRox
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
1) Just vice-versa.
2) Sunrise Safari is AKL Club Level, only.
3) Sunset Safari is open to other resorts' Club Level.
When did this change happen? Everything I see points to Sunrise being for everyone (it's just a early Safari ride at AK) and the Sunset being just for AKL guests (It's a safari ride at the AKL savannas with Dinner at Jiko).

When we did the Sunset, it was only for AKL guests, and they were pretty strict about making sure we were in fact AKL Concierge guests.

Things may have changed, they always do at Disney.

Tinkerfreak
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
We have done this in the past and the Sunrise Safari has always been for AKL concierge guests only. They do have one for other resort concierge guests but it is not the Sunrise Safari. If you are staying concierge at AKL it is well worth the extra ticket price for this. That is the one thing I will miss about not staying concierge this year. Oh well at least I have had the opportunity to do it in the past.

TheRustyScupper
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
. . . When did this change happen? . . .

From the Disney Website:

Club Concierge-level Guests also receive these special amenities:
Make-up mirrors in each room.
Comfy robes available in your room
Turndown service
Staff available prior to and during your visit for reservations and vacation planning
Access to the exclusive Kilimanjaro Club featuring Continental breakfast, snacks and evening wine and cheese reception
Ability to participate in the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure — an exclusive early-morning tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Club Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee
Ability to participate in the Wildlife Discovery Excursion — an exclusive guided tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris® at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Club Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee

NOTE: The Sunrise Safari is not a guaranteed benefit of Club Level. There are limited seats available. If too many sign up, it is first-come-first-served. I know of several people who complained VERY, VERY loudly when they stayed Club Floor and couldn't get into the Sunrise Safari.

DizneyRox
01-12-2008, 12:07 AM
From the Disney Website:

Club Concierge-level Guests also receive these special amenities:
Make-up mirrors in each room.
Comfy robes available in your room
Turndown service
Staff available prior to and during your visit for reservations and vacation planning
Access to the exclusive Kilimanjaro Club featuring Continental breakfast, snacks and evening wine and cheese reception
Ability to participate in the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure — an exclusive early-morning tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Club Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee
Ability to participate in the Wildlife Discovery Excursion — an exclusive guided tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris® at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Club Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee

NOTE: The Sunrise Safari is not a guaranteed benefit of Club Level. There are limited seats available. If too many sign up, it is first-come-first-served. I know of several people who complained VERY, VERY loudly when they stayed Club Floor and couldn't get into the Sunrise Safari.
I see that... But there is no mention of the Sunset Safari which is AKL Concierge only. I think my confusion is that there appears to be a distinction between the Sunrise Safari and the Wildlife Excursion offered to other Concierge guests...

From the Disney Wedbite regarding Poly Club level:

Club Concierge-level Guests receive exclusive personalized Disney signature service. They are entitled to these special amenities:
Plush robes available in your room
Access to the exclusive King Kamehameha Club Concierge Lounge featuring Continental breakfast, snacks and evening wine and cheese reception

So, from the looks of it, the Sunrise and Sunset are still AKL Exclusives. THat's cool, I'd hate for them to give those away to all. Sunset is still my first choice.