PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology to 2008

Diznee4Me
01-08-2008, 05:22 AM
In a recent topic "count your blessing - 2007" started by tikigoddess I wrote what I was thankful for and ended my post with "Bring it on 2008!"

Well eight days into the new year and it has brought it on. From a situation at work, a costly issue with one of our monthly bills, and finally a plumbing problem which flooded the kitchen and ended with an expensive plumber - 2008 has been a rough one already.

So I would like to apologize to 2008. Let's be friends, we have a long way to go and you definately showed me who was boss. :thumbsup:

mdearmas
01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
While it is not funny that all these things happend to you, it is hilarious that you are issuing a public apology to the year. LOL
Best of luck with the rest of 2008 here is some
:tink: for you!

:goofy:

disneydrmr
01-08-2008, 08:39 AM
If apologizing to the new year works, please let me know as I will then try that tactic as 2008 is not being very nice to me either. I'm already ready for it to be over with! Hope things improve for you!

merlinmagic4
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry it has started out on the wrong foot! I sure hope the public apology works :) and that things get better for you really quick.

Our new year isn't starting off well either but hopefully it'll all get better!

RenDuran
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Diznee4Me, maybe you should also do something similar to a rain dance while chanting your apologies! That may appease the New Year gods.

I really hope your year improves! :)

Tinkerfreak
01-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry that 2008 is starting out so bad for you but I have to say that you have a great attitude!
I hope things get better for you real soon.

Figgyluv03
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
You're not the only one who's 2008 started out bad! I know exactly how you feel, so please just let the rest of the year work out for the best for all of us....

Diznee4Me
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Diznee4Me, maybe you should also do something similar to a rain dance while chanting your apologies! That may appease the New Year gods.

I really hope your year improves! :)

I was actually thinking that myself - or at least rub a rabbits foot!:D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
ahh, this is what I need to do...

2008, I too am sorry...

Please don't give me any more flat tires (2 in a 3 day period for very different reasons). My tires cost me $100 each... this single mom doesn't like the bill.

So again, I apologize...

And THANK-YOU OP for the idea...lol

jedigrrrl
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Íf that's what it takes then 2008, I bow before you!
Some lady jinxed my husband and me while we waited for food at All-Star Sports last week. My husband had his birthday button on(Jan 2) and she made some comment about how this is the best year for Capricorns because Pluto(the planet, not the dog) is in the whatever, I'm not into astrology..... I am Capricorn too. I thought, here we go and, so far, 2008 is terrible. :(

NYC WDW Fan
01-08-2008, 03:34 PM
In a recent topic "count your blessing - 2007" started by tikigoddess I wrote what I was thankful for and ended my post with "Bring it on 2008!"

Well eight days into the new year and it has brought it on. From a situation at work, a costly issue with one of our monthly bills, and finally a plumbing problem which flooded the kitchen and ended with an expensive plumber - 2008 has been a rough one already.

So I would like to apologize to 2008. Let's be friends, we have a long way to go and you definately showed me who was boss. :thumbsup:

Love it!

Already this is a post of the year candidate!

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Please let me know if apologizing to 2008 works, as I will also try it. Today, I took my car through the car wash and my gas cap cover was bent - badly, on a 1 year old car. Hubby's response - "Well, are you sure you closed the cover before you went through the car wash?" I refrained from reminding him that I am 40 years old and I'm pretty sure that this is not the first time I've filled up my car and then driven through the car wash.
On second thought, maybe 2008 owes us an apology.

McGoofy
01-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Diznee4Me, I feel your pain. After reading this post, I feel sure that I need to post here as well and extend my apologies to 2008. Seven days into 2008, we heard "unusual" noises on our vehicle. Turns out, there was damage to the steering column and some other things. All said and done--$2500 for repair work that was not optional.:( I am at work right now picking up an extra night shift to apply toward that mega expense. Oh--and just a few days prior there was an extreme cold front that came through the south. We had our coldest day that broke records from the 1980's. Nothing wrong with that. I love cold weather. However, don't you know, a transformer/breaker went out that affected 7,000 people in our area. Our home was one of those. We were without power from 3am-10am on the coldest night/day of the year!!! So...once again, sincerest apologies to 2008!!!:sorry::giveup:

Editing this post 7 hours later after writing original post:

I wrote the post just before my night shift ended and then came home and slept. When I woke up, DH had left me a message saying that the car repairs were done and that the total "only" came to $1970 versus the $2500 we had expected. Ok...maybe there is something to this apology thing!!!