PDA

View Full Version : LSU TIGERS win BCS National Championship

MsMin
01-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Congrats to my tigers-- so proud of the boys and the efforts to win the National Championship!!!
GEAUX TIGERS

kakn7294
01-08-2008, 01:25 AM
I knew you'd post something Beth! Congrats to the Tigers!

WDWfanatic742
01-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Congrats LSU and the SEC. 7-2 in bowl games this year. Just proves this is the hardest conference to win in :number1:

My gators could have done better against Michigan though :gator:

MsMin
01-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I knew you'd post something Beth! Congrats to the Tigers!
Thanks I thought about you and knew you would be cheering for us!!!

Congrats LSU and the SEC. 7-2 in bowl games this year. Just proves this is the hardest conference to win in :number1:

My gators could have done better against Michigan though :gator:
SO SO sad about the gators. My brother is an alum of both schools so we pull for them when they are not playing us. If the big ten would look past their "traditions" and look at reality and today's football maybe OHIO wouldn't be 0-9 against the SEC in bowls huh??? Maybe this will pop their bubble.... Sorry but I've had my fill of
ESPN.....
If we didn't play anyone else in the SEC our record would be better too!

BigRedDad
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I give congrats to the Tigers for the win and the SEC on how well they did this year. However, I think the BCS Title (as I always will no matter how it plays out) is undeserved to LSU. I am sorry, no 2 loss team should be playing for a title game. I am an ACC alum and we plain ole stink :ack:. Regardless of how the season played out, this only solidifies the need to dump the BCS and go to a playoff system. They also need to create a new DIV I league comprised of SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC (maybe not), Big 12. The reason is that no other team outside of these conferences will ever have a chance at a National Title. Therefore, create a separate league. There is no reason to have 119 teams in a league when less than half of the teams have any chance.

MsMin
01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I give congrats to the Tigers for the win and the SEC on how well they did this year. However, I think the BCS Title (as I always will no matter how it plays out) is undeserved to LSU. I am sorry, no 2 loss team should be playing for a title game. I am an ACC alum and we plain ole stink :ack:. Regardless of how the season played out, this only solidifies the need to dump the BCS and go to a playoff system. They also need to create a new DIV I league comprised of SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC (maybe not), Big 12. The reason is that no other team outside of these conferences will ever have a chance at a National Title. Therefore, create a separate league. There is no reason to have 119 teams in a league when less than half of the teams have any chance.
I definitely think the system stinks b/c we played what??? 7 top 25 teams this season and others played how many??? IF we had a creampuff schedule then we wouldn't get so beat up all season long. It's hard to get through the SEC. Look what we did VT when we were healthy. So which team has only 1 loss?? Hawaii? Do they represent the best in your opinion? They couldn't compete with an SEC team. I agree that far too many teams don't have a chance.
Football stats are a joke too b/c your stats only reflect who you played and not a fair comparison to the entire league. I hate the fact that we have such a strong schedule and it's difficult for any SEC team to get to the championship. What bothers me is that they don't try to give the other bowls comparable teams to play. I think USC and Georgia would have been a great game. When are they going to step up and play the SEC?

pjbs35a
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
However, I think the BCS Title (as I always will no matter how it plays out) is undeserved to LSU. I am sorry, no 2 loss team should be playing for a title game.

Sorry I have to politely disagree. We have trophy. If not LSU, then who ??? They beat the number one ranked team. Until there is a better system, we like the present one. The only team to win two BCS Championships. Even the Associated Press agees with LSU being number one.

scoot241
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
However, I think the BCS Title (as I always will no matter how it plays out) is undeserved to LSU. I am sorry, no 2 loss team should be playing for a title game.

Should Kansas or Hawaii be National Champions then? Because they're the only top 25 teams with one loss, and Ohio State, let alone LSU, could beat both of them (and Hawaii would get torn apart).

Hawaii got mauled by Georgia (arguably the hottest team in the SEC at the end of the regular season), and Kansas played a cupcake regular season. They lost to the one good team they played during the regular season (Missouri). After those two teams, there are no one loss teams in the top 25.

I agree that the BCS needs some work, but by the rules the NCAA plays by, LSU is the deserving National Champion.