PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

KateMW
01-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I know that this has been asked recently probably, but does anybody know the dates for MNSSHP for 2008? If not, when will they be announced? I'm trying to figure out what day we'll take off from the park and rest up for the party. Also, I'm sure that the dinners are just packed those days, but do they do character dinners during the party? Where should we eat? Thanks! Oh and if it's not fun, somebody tell me and we'll spend the extra money on something else!

Also, I'm assuming that everybody (kids and probably some adults) come dressed as Disney people right? I can't out her old Ladybug costume on her can I? LOL I was thinking I would do BBB at DD that day and let her go dressed as some princess.

murphy1
01-08-2008, 07:34 AM
They start selling tickets for the party in May. We went this past year end of October and loved it! I think the earlier party dates are less crowded now. You can get into the park at 4 pm with your ticket and you don't have to have separate admission. I dressed up as Mary Poppins and the girls were Elizabeth Swann and Wendy. You can wear whatever costume you want, as long as your face isn't covered. We ate at LTT and only made res not long before, but I would make them as soon as you can. The parade was even better for us than the regular parade, I think b/c it was different. You have to go on HM at the party, they have a hilarious ghost lady cracking jokes on the front lawn. We went to AK for a little while the morning of the party and then back to hotel to swim and rest. I think your dd will love the party, my kids are 6 and 8 and they conked out about 10 pm. I highly recommend this event! We are going to try Pirate and Princess party next month on our way to Universal.

vamaggie
01-08-2008, 08:22 AM
The MNSSHP is great. We went a few years back and really enjoyed it. Definately worth the hard tkt cost (Esp since you can get in at 4pm and not have to use a day on your reg park tkts) As soon as the dates are released, they should be posted here on Intercot. It is usually around the beginning of May that tkts go on sale. I don't think they do dinners during the party but you can definately get one for before. We did one about 5pm at LTT and then went to the party when we were done. Not everyone dresses up but anyone who wants to can. You do not need to be Disney themed. When we went, our DS went as a baseball player and DD was Piglet. The parade and fireworks are fantastic!! Also really short lines (if any) for rides, fun trick or treating and good characters. I would go again in a second!

KateMW
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
The party sounds great! Does anybody know if the parties are on certain days? Like Mon, Wednesday, Sat. and Sunday? Or are they on all different days? The reason I ask is because I'll need to make my ADRs at the beginning of April and would love to be able to kind of predict when we're going to go to MNSSHP. I would hate to set our lunch or dinner with Cinderella for the same day as the party, because then we have to go to the park and that's a really big event. I don't know if my daughter would do good with both in one day. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm kinda neurotic. LOL:blush:

vamaggie
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Info Central tab has the 2007 dates listed. I think they are on about the same days each year. I know that they don't always do the weekend nights but some of them. You could always make your Cindy ADRs for a couple of days (if you can get them) and then cancel the one you don't need once the party dates come out in May (it may even be sooner than that)

faline
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Here are the 2007 dates (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp). 2008 dates will probably be held on similar days of the week.

While many folks do dress in Disney related costumes, you see other themes as well. This year, we saw a family of bananas, among others.

For party nights, we've often made a dinner reservation for around 5 p.m. at Liberty Tree Tavern. That way, dinner is all finished when the party is about to begin. Cast members, and characters, dress in their Halloween best during party nights. Party goers can enter the park beginning around 4 p.m. on their party tickets.

The party is very fun and, even more so, if you dress up for the occasion!

I would expect 2008 dates to be released some time in early spring with tickets going on sale around the beginning of May.

Dragongirlx
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for Posting this this was a question I really wanted to know the answer to.

And thanks for all the replies. Pixie dust for all
:pixie:

KateMW
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks to Linda and all others for the replies. We're really looking forward to this trip. When I picked October, I didn't realize we were would be there for both MNSSHP and FWF...I feel like I won the lottery! Two things that we would really enjoy in one trip!

murphy1
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Kate, avoid Epcot on Saturdays during F&W!! Just my opinion, but it was supercrowded with a few too many drunk people. October is a great time to visit the World!!

KateMW
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Kate, avoid Epcot on Saturdays during F&W!! Just my opinion, but it was supercrowded with a few too many drunk people. October is a great time to visit the World!!

Thanks! We are actually planning on doing MK on the Saturday that we're going to be there. It'll be our second day there (first full day, with the first half day spent at Epcot) and I know I can't keep my DD away for any longer!

Does anybody know if they still do the Princess dinner at Epcot during F&W? I sure hope so. I wanted to do in Friday night when we get in. We arrive at noon that day, so I thought we'd wonder around and then eat an early princess dinner as a welcome to WDW kinda thing.

wdwnomad
01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
If the dates aren't released when they put the park hours out look to see when the Magic Kingdom is open. If it only open until 7:00 pm then that will most likely be a party night.

MNSSHP is a blast! It is always a highlight of my trips. I can't wait to go again. This year will be my forth time going. I think it gets better every year. Don't miss the Boo to You parade. It is one of the best parades.

Also, for dinner, we always at one of the places along the monorail line, normally Kona Cafe. It is a nice alternative to one of the resturants in the Magic Kingdom. After we eat we go into the bathroom and have the kids get in their costumes then hop on the monorail for the short ride over.