PDA

View Full Version : Strollers when you have 2 kids

TexasPrincessAurora
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Our next trip to WDW will be our first with 2 kids. Previously we always took DS's umbrella stroller for him to ride in. By the time we go next he will be almost 5 and DD will be 1 1/2 years. I'm wondering if the rental strollers will be comfortable enough for her...but I'm thinking at times he's going to get tired and want to ride. Any suggestions?

GOLFDISNEY72
01-07-2008, 10:10 PM
i have 3 kids..11,7,5..we always get the double stroller...the 11 year old will even get in to take a break

goofiecrazy
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
We plan on going this summer and the kids will be 5 and 3 and I plan on bringing both of our umbrella strollers with us.We might not use them the whole time but the kids might need the break form all the walking.

5fromabove
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
We ended up buying a MacLaren double stroller and brought it with us. It is an umbrella style, side by side. The cool thing is it holds up to 60 pounds PER SIDE. So, even our 7 year old took a break now and then. The stroller has underneath baskets and it folds up quite small. It is lightweight and easy to fold for when you are on the shuttles. I liked this better than the hard plastic ones at the park, because this stroller can recline and the girls (3 & 5 at the time) were able to take naps. It also has a sunshade, which was a must down there. We had rental a hard double one on our previous trip, and I just didn't think it was very comfortable for the kids to take a nap in. I looked at the MacLaren as an investment that I will resell once we no longer need it. :)

mook3y
01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
The last 3 years, we have just rented a double stroller for each day. First year our daughter was 18 months and son was 3 and a half. Daughter was fine in it.

This past year, friends that travelled with us decided to purchase a "jogging" (3 wheel) stroller and that worked out well for them. We were there 13 days, so it was actually cheaper than renting one.

Plus, they had it when their kids were tired getting them back to the room.

Only downside was dealing with it on the bus (they didnt seem to mind but I wouldn't want to mess with it).

Kidsmom
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
We rented a double for our kids (9,7,6,4) and it worked great they all spent time in it and one point had 3 in it. Not sure how comfortable it would be for such a wee one.

As for bringing a double McClaren (I have it) on the bus while trying to carry 2 littles who are asleep or wiped out, it would be a challenge. I saw a lot of people struggling with strollers and children that didn't want to walk on the bus. This is opposed to just carrying the kids out of the park, on the bus, and back to the room. My kids were (and are) small so not so hard, but if you have bigger kids the walk after the parks could be hard.

Either way....go for a double.....kids do get tired...heck, I would have climbed in if I could!

threeh
01-07-2008, 11:54 PM
I got a Volo ( I think it's a Maclaren)and it is really light weight and turns super easy. easy to fold, love it. Then i got a thing called a buggy board, they are popular across the pond. It hooks onto the back of the light weight stroller so one child can stand while the other sits. I absolutely love it, no where near as cumbersome as a double stroller. I was able to flip up the buggy board when not in use so then it was just a regular stroller. I found mine on e bay beacuse a lot of them come from great britian.

Happy planning!!

scootch713
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
If you are going to take afternoon naps and not need the stroller for your youngest to sleep in, the double rental stroller would work. If not, then I would bring two strollers, one for each kid. I still rent a stroller for my 8 and 5 year old. :) worth every penny.