PDA

View Full Version : Stroller

KateMW
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Our daughter will be 4 and a couple of months when we go next October. She hasn't been in a stroller in about a year, but will ride in one if I wanted her to. So, my question is should I bring one or rent? I have a small fold-up McClaren (sp?) umbrella stroller that is really easy to use and it has a strap to carry it as well. Are the park strollers better? Nicer? Worth the money?

TIA!

tiaramom
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
the park strollers are hard and uncomfortable.Your stroller is perfect. We use that one- and love it. I have tried it all..
and I am serious. so bring your fold up- and go...
oh, and the stroller can be used to stroll sleepy kids about at dtd and the resorts.
and the airport too

vamaggie
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
We went in Nov and DD was 4.5. We brought her umbrella stroller from home. I would definately bring your own. The rental ones are big but plastic and not so easy to manuver. Not only is yours paid for, but your DD is used to it and you will have it to use at the resort and DTD and anywhere else she may be tired. If our DD wanted to walk, we used the stroller to hold bags etc. (our DS 10 wanted to get in once or twice too!). Don't worry that she may be "too old/big" for a stroller. I am always amazed at how many kids/toddlers who would never ride in a stroller at home are more than happy to be in one at WDW. Have a great trip!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
BRING YOUR OWN!!! lol

Like the previous posters have said, they are hard and a pain to maneuver and as my DD puts it, "they hurt my butt." Plus, they are pretty expensive for multiple days of having to rent one... Another reason to bring your own: if you want to do DTD at the end of the day and DD is pooped from walking around during the day or the stimuli or whatever, you are going to want the stroller... :mickey:

KateMW
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks! I thought that bringing my own would be the right idea, but wasn't sure. They sure do make them sound better in the travel guides! LOL

BelleandtheBeast
01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
You should bring your own, that way there is plenty of comfort and space for your things too. The rentals are really hard plastic and it would be hard for her to sit in one for very long I would think.

Darbylew
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I think that bringing your own stroller is a good
idea. I think the children all get tired at one
time or another. It is always good to have a
stroller for them to rest in. It sure makes it
easier on you when they can rest. :mickey:

GOLFDISNEY72
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I have to say that we love using the stoller at the parks...you don't have to drag your personnal one from park to park and my kids have never really complained about them

katzctkpt
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Our daughter was 4.5 when we went and she said no to a stroller so, about 1/2 way through a day she wanted us to carry her and we said no she had to walk. She whined a little then saw one of the Mickey fan spray bottles and said she'd walk if she could have it. We said ok but, that we'd throw it away if she went back on her word. After, we strapped it around her neck we never heard another peep. So, we had no stroller to keep up with and no rental fee and loved that feeling. A little suggestion about 2 months before you go start walking a lot like at least 3 or more miles a day it'll get her used to walking and help prevent getting shin splints.

elmjimmlm
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I will have to say that I love the strollers that they have in the parks...My daughter the first year that we went was 3, son 5 and son 8... We were there in July and the heat was too much for them and they all fit in them...It was so easy to push...There had to be at least 120 of lbs. to push and it took little effort...Also the canopy on top of the strollers are large and would hold all of our bags on them...The price really was not that bad...We rented for the entire week and for a double it was about 85.00...Well worth the price of having your children comfortable with the heat and long walks...We did not rent one last year because they are so much older but at times it did cross my mind to stop and rent one...:drama:

irish1967
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
My vote would be to get her used to walking distances over the summer and utilize the park strollers only if you need to. No matter how small and compact - strollers are difficult to deal with on park transportation.

mudpuppysmom
01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
We always took our own. The kids are comfortable crawling in and out of "yours" and you know what it is like also. We used ours at the airport to hold extra "stuff" when DS got older and wanted to walk (so we could hold his hand and still control the bags). It's also nice at the beginning of the day when everyone is trying to get here and there thru the turnstiles and into the parks -- you can keep track of your child better if you ask me! Also at the end of the day the only time they have to get out and you have to carry them is onto the tram and bus (monorail unless crowded you can roll on and off of). I think it's easier to push them until you HAVE to carry them so that is another reason I vote for taking your own stroller!

KateMW
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
We're definitely going to start walking with her. In fact, we've already started in the New Year. It seems to make getting in shape more worth it! I've got Disney at the end. We'll probably still take our stroller with us, if she doesn't end up needing it when we get there, we can just leave it in the room. We're going to EPCOT for the FWF, so she will probably want to ride there, since she'll want to eat everything. LOL:mickey: