PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Pots & Fridge Rentals

lwhan4
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Is it possible to request a coffee pot at Pop Century? Is fridge rental available there ? I know that at moderates and deluxes you can request these items but not sure about value resorts.
Thanks!

TammiMcMan
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I thought coffee pots came standard in the rooms, but maybe someone here can confirm that.

Refrigerators are available for rental in the values, at a cost of $10 per day. You probably want to have this request added to your reservation to ensure that they have availability.

jwildflower1981
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
We stayed at the Pop Centuy in December and there were no coffee pot in the rooms. I don't drink coffee, so it didn't bother me to much ( although hot coco would have been nice) I'm not sure if you can request one or not. Have a great trip.

emmingo
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
We've only been guaranteed a coffee pot when we've stayed in the family suites. It seems odd, since even cheap, non-Disney hotel rooms have coffee pots, but its always been hit or miss....its terrible for me since I am basically addicted!

I'm guessing that if you request one, you won't be denied, and it should definitely be less per day than a fridge...:flower:

Tink#64
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I've never tried requesting a coffee pot, as all of the info I've read states that the do not hvae coffee pots. We've stayed in a value 4 x & if I find out I could've had a coffee pot - I'll be glad for this info for the next trip! Man I take a couple our refillable mugs just for my coffee in the morning! But no - I do not believe they are available in the value resorts. :mcoffee:

MickeyChick
01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I was reading up on stroller rentals around WDW and came across a service that will rent you just about anything and was cheaper than the resort prices for a fridge and I think they had coffee pots too... will have to look for the link.

<snip>

I didn't see coffeepots, but it might be worth a call!

WVParkfan
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
If you are able to rent a coffee pot, please post back here to let us know.

I love Disney, but I can't stand their Nescafe' coffee. Yuck.

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 05:30 PM
No coffee pot rentals at POP as far as I know. Two ways around this: buy the refillable mugs, and use them for coffee. Everything POP is open until midnight and then again quite early. Or buy a small coffee maker at WalMart or Target and then just leave it in the room if you don't want to lug it home. You can certainly buy one for under $15, which is a fraction of what Disney would charge for a few nights' rental, if they were to offer them. Fridges go for $10/night, subject to availability. We always just take a cooler and keep it full of ice with a bit of water. We have never had milk spoil.

Tink#64
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I would definitely rent a coffee pot if I could! We always purchase the refillable mugs & we would still do so. For a week long trip, it is the most cost efficient! We typically get lunch or dinner from the food court & eat around the pool, so the mug really pays for itself!

But - if I could get coffee in my room- without having to try to make myself presentable before drinking my coffee - that would be priceless!

Please Mickeychick - find that info! We're begging you!

We fly into Orlando, use DME to get onto property & use only Disney transpo. It wouldn't be worth a cab ride to Walmart for the coffee pot, & I can't pack one! So another alternative would be great. I don't understand why DIsney puts coffee pots in all of the other resort rooms - except the values?! :confused:

Disney Lynn
01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Obviously this won't work for all of you without cars, but we always stop by a Target or Walmart and buy the cheapest coffeemaker (never spent more than $10). I always pack a batch of filters (they don't take up much room) & a scoop and sometimes pack a can of coffee or just buy it there. We also buy snacks, cereals, milk, beer and wine- but that's another story! At the end of the trip, we leave the coffee maker in the room (with a note saying that we're leaving it intentionally). Since we each like two cups of coffee in the AM (and sometimes during the day), this pays for itself very quickly. We also do this when we visit various National Parks, since they rarely have a coffeepot in the cheap rooms! (And who wants to hike far for their first cup of coffee?)

MickeyChick
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Oops, the link was removed by mods... SORRY! I forgot the link rule.

Anyway, I was poking around the site and saw that there's a $50 minimum reservation rule.

But here's an idea, you could order a cheap coffeepot (and coffee and milk) from Amazon. (Yes, they do groceries!!!!) and have it shipped to your hotel. I'm guessing you'd have to be cautious of the shipping dates and such but I bet it would work.

Tink#64
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Why didn't we think of this before? We could buy a cheap one at home & ship it to ourselves at WDW! This could work! I think I'd watch for someone arriving when we leave & offer the coffee pot to them, rather than leaving it for Mousekeeping.

Thanks for the idea MickeyChick! I read on here about so many people shipping their food, snacks, beach towels, etc., but we've never done this. So without your comment about Amazon, I probably would have never thought of it. We would still purchase our refillable mugs, we use the food court alot! They really do pay for themselves for a longer visit, and we use them all the time when we get home.

Not to have to get dressed for my morning coffee - Priceless!

Way to go MickeyChick! :thumbsup:

MickeyChick
01-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Wow! I feel all special! I think I may do this myself... I already requested a fridge because my son won't sleep without his milk bottle first. I'd appreciate being presentable before a coffee run!

KatGat
01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
I am also a coffee addict and will be staying at ASMu, so I'm bought a coffee pot for $3.97 at Wal Mart and will be sending it (in it's original packaged box) as part of my UPS care package shipped ahead of me to the resort. I'll probably leave it behind when I leave. I'll bring my favorite brand coffee and artificial sweetener, along with those insulated, disposable coffee cups that look like Starbucks cups... Last year I called the front desk of the Pop to ask if coffee pots and a whirlpool was available for guests. The lady laughed at me. I didn't think it was such a bizarre question since even lower-end hotels offer these things. Oh well.