PDA

View Full Version : I want to go!

alphamommy
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Maybe it's just the winter blahs getting to me, but I want to go to WDW NOW! We have nothing planned, and I'm not sure I'll be able to convince DH to go any time soon. We moved last year, and our new house is a little more expensive that the old one was. Not as much disposable income right now as we used to have.

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much - it's 63 degrees right now!

It's been almost 2 years since we were last there, and I need a Disney fix!

dteed
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I always want to do. Surely you can't be there always when you want but you can come on here and talk with all these good people and get your fix. Read trip reports and picture yourself there. Planning a trip is almost as much fun as taking the trip. Plan one for the future and talk about it alot and everyone will get as excited as you are now.

animalkingdomguy
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I agree, I too live in Michigan and WDW is 22 hours away via car. I read the guides, watch the planning DVD from Disney, visit web sites and do a lot of back of the envelope what ifs. My family picks a date in the future, inks that date and start the planning. Good luck.

Belle619
01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh my goodness, I feel the exact same way! I too have been depressed lately because I don't know financially when we'll next be able to go to Disney. I'm usually good if I know that there is a trip on the horizon, even if it is a year away, but I have nothing to look forward to right now and that is hitting me pretty hard!

We too just bought a house - and got married - so even though we don't have debt, we don't exactly have a lot of extra money laying around. I of course, think that Disney is a high priority, but my husband ranks house stuff higher on the list.

The weather here in western NY has been nice the past few days, but this weekend is supposed to be cold and grey. I too long to see the bright colors of Disney and feel the warmth of Florida or California.

I find that Intercot helps. It makes you remember past trips and always brings a smile to my face. Another option is to rent some Disney movies - or watch the vacation planning DVD - those perk me up a little, but I can't lie, I MISS DISNEY TOO!!!