PDA

View Full Version : Pools at Disney resorts

bort
01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I am looking to do some lap swimming when I visit Disney, do any of the resorts have pools that have 25 yard or meter lap pools? I have stayed at Coronado before and one of its pools had one. Also, any resorts that have fitness/weight rooms?

playdead88
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
i know that the deluxe resorts we stayed at had fitness rooms - im not sure about the pool thing - most resort pools are themed not to look like a regular pool but im sure you could do laps in any of them :diver:

Polynesian Dweller
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
You can see the Intercot Health Clubs and Spas page at this link. http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/spas.asp When you look at that page, the Polynesian is not specifically mentioned but it does share the Spa with the Grand Floridian. The Spa is on the walkway between the two and is about 5 minutes from either resort.

Don't know about lap pools, haven't seen one on site.

diz_girl
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Good question! I would think that there would be at least one lap pool somewhere, but I haven't found one. I don't even think that there's one at the WWoS complex, which is surpsising, since it has facilities for almost any other significant sport.

Seasonscraps
01-07-2008, 06:08 PM
The quiet pools at the resorts would probably be your best bet. I don't recall ever seeing a designated lane for swimming laps but if you stayed to one side, I am sure no one will really bother you unless it's really crowded there.

bort
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
The quiet pools at the resorts would probably be your best bet. I don't recall ever seeing a designated lane for swimming laps but if you stayed to one side, I am sure no one will really bother you unless it's really crowded there.

yeah when i stayed at CS, i used one of the quiet pools and it was fine, but I'd prefer to try a different resort. I don't know which other resorts have quiet pools similar to the one at CS.

Seasonscraps
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I am not familiar with the quiet pools at CS but the ones at WL, BW, CB, BC & POR are all rectangular and would be good for laps. CB may not be the best choice since their main pool is under going major rehab and they are relying on the quiet pools.

MOJoe
01-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Both the Swan & Dolphin have Olympic style pools. They look great for a true swimmer.

ibrowse17
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Just make sure they will let you use the pool if not staying at that resort. They get picky about that sometimes.