PDA

View Full Version : Lunch or Dinner/Lecellier and Illuminations

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Our original plans for eating TS at Epcot include lunch at LeCellier and Biergarten and dinner at Coral Reef and one night at Marrakesh watching Illuminations from Morocco....looking back over the menus I see that although the dinner menu for Coral Reef and LeCellier change from the lunch menu and portions are bigger, that basically the menu is the same for Marrakesh...now I want to change and eat dinner at LeCellier on the night we go to illuminations....what is everyone's opinion, is it a good view from Canada?

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
The view from Canada isn't all that great, when you come out and cross the pathway there's kind of a rock wall that makes it somewhat hard to see. Last year we ate a somewhat early dinner at le Cellier and then walked down the path a little way and found a spot around the UK, it wasn't that difficult and it made a good viewing spot. Just a suggestion. Have fun! Le Cellier is the best place to eat and Illuminations is a wonderful end to the day! :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2008, 04:25 PM
That sounds good and that's close isn't it...I just wanted to time it where we come out of the restaurant and about 30 minutes prior to the show and are in a good position, not scrambling across the park to get a decent spot.

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
We had I think a 6:00 ADR, then just a short, lesuriley (sp?) to the viewing area, no problem, we were very close to it. You should be fine. Have a great time! :D

SBETigg
01-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I would make the change. The viewing may not be great right outside of Canada, but it's not much to wander over and find a better spot toward the UK or closer to Future World. Best wishes with it.

krose78
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
we went up to the very top of Canada and had a very good view. It was Christmas so everything else was taken but I enjoyed the view from Canada.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2008, 05:48 PM
We were thinking ADRs for 700 for the 930 Illuminations, is that too late?

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
That's probably about perfect, I would just make sure your on your way to your viewing spot by 8:45ish. I can't imagine dinner would take that long. Also, what we did was stake out our spot and then my Mom and I went shopping for a little bit and left Dad and DH at the spot and vice versa. That way you have a little flexability to when you catch a spot.

animalkingdomguy
01-09-2008, 04:08 PM
My family is had some great viewing around Norway. That is quite a hike from Canada, but that's my two cents.