PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at MGM

jenalen77
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
What is the better of the three options for dinner at MGM?
Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby or Sci-Fi
:confused:

katzctkpt
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, I cant answer for any of the 3 except that I would like to try the Brown Derby. I do know that I did not like 50's Prime Time and would probably not try it again. My sis'n'law ate at the Sci Fi and MaMa Melrose and liked both of them. We try a new restaurant each time we go so, we can make our own opinion about the place. Good luck with your decision.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
:blush: I've never eaten at Brown Derby but here wonderful things about it...I liked Sci Fi, it was fun and the hot fudge sundae was great...however, the food was just okay not great....I did not care for Mama Melrose's and neither did anyone in my party, but that was 2 years ago and I read good things about it now

kdsjjb
01-07-2008, 04:01 PM
We have eaten at Brown Derby, 50's Prime Time and Hollywood and Vine, and we liked all three.

Brown Derby is a bit more upscale, but the food was really good, and the atmosphere is great.

50's Prime Time is good homestyle food. You go there more for the interaction with the CM's, and if you get one that is a bit of a "dud" it really lessens the experience.

Hollywood and Vine is a buffet meal, pretty much on par with the other bufets in WDW. We like the buffets, and we liked this one as well.

Never been to SciFi, but it is on the list for next time.

We really dont put much stock in reviews, and we figure everything there is worth trying at least once. Even if we stumble across a bad one once in a while, it's not going to ruin our vacation.

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Not very popular here, but we love the Sci Fi. We have enjoyed the ribs, cheesburger, spinich dip, onion rings, etc. It has a great atmosphere and fun if you've never been there. We have gone every year for the last 3 or 4 years. I haven't been to the others so I can't help you there. Have fun! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
We liked the Brown Derby. The atmosphere is great... but the food is wonderful!

I've always wanted to try to go to the Sci Fi for shakes and fries or a light meal. I know that some people like the cast interaction at Prime Time, but it's not something that DH and I would be interested in.

Natazu
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Brown Derby, no contest... worth every penny.

Cinderelley
01-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Hated the food at Sci-Fi
Loved Mama Melrose
Haven't tried Brown Derby