PDA

View Full Version : 11 year old on the DDP

Tina3176
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
My daughter will turn 11 about 2 months before our trip to WDW this year. I have booked the dining plan (despite my disappointment in the changes). Because she is 11 she is charged as an adult for the plan, which is not a problem as far as the amount of food because that girl can eat (!), but I am worried about the menu choices. She is a chicken finger kind of girl, and I have not seen any chicken finger dinners on the menu at the table service places we have chosen. I know she can't order from the kid menu, but does anyone know if they will let her double a kid meal, so she could get the food she wants with an adult portion? Has anyone had to deal with this, and how did you handle it?

We are doing 1900 Park Faire, Ohana, Liberty Tree, Le Cellier, the new Italian place, Sci Fi Drive In, and the Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I know she will be able to find things at a few of these places already, but I am looking for suggestions if she doesn't like anything but the typical kid meal choices.

Thanks in advance!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
:blush: We had the same dilemma on our last trip, and my son ordered off the child's menu several times....most times the restaurant gave bigger portions to him

kdsjjb
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I concur. On our trip in Feb, my DD 13 couldn't find anything she wanted on the adult menu. She was able to order off the childrens menu and they gave her a double portion as well.

Seasonscraps
01-07-2008, 04:15 PM
She can absolutely order off the kids menu - have done it a few times with no problems.

TBY2225
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM
You can always ask your server as well if they have items that are not on the menu. Our DD6 loves chicken fingers as well and most of the places we asked had them even if they weren't on the menu!

KAT1811
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
She can absolutely order off the kids menu - have done it a few times with no problems.

Ditto. She certainly can order off the childrens menu if there isn't anything she would like off the adult menu. I would ask about the larger portions I bet that won't be too much of a problem for most restaurants.

We had the opposite problem when our oldest DD wasn't 10 yet (luckily they allowed me to upgrade her to the adult DDP by just paying the difference).