PDA

View Full Version : Parasailing

poohluva
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
We're doing a land/sea vacation at the end of April/beginning of May, and I want to book the parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay, but my DD 14 is afraid of heights, :scared:(DH and I aren't too thrilled about them either but really want to go)is there anyone out there that's also afraid of heights but went parasailing and loved it??? If she decides not to go but DH, DD (10) and I do, is there a place where she can stay while we go up?:sail:

Thanks for any and all info!!:mickey:

Turk82
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
I have not personally gone parasailing, but have been on a boat with many others that have (we lived on a lake in my growing up years, and it was a common "tourist" thing to do). Everyone's comments are generally related to how smooth of a ride it is, how secure it feels, etc. However, the whole point of it is the view. I would be a little leary if when you got up there you were too afriad to open your eyes (would seem rather pointless). I have opted not to go mostly because it just seems so boring (which is pathetic, I admit) unless you were interested in the view.
So, this won't help with anything Disney-specific, but parasailing really isn't "scary", if that's encouraging to you.