PDA

View Full Version : Need help for next trip: Poly-BC-Cont?

BelleCiavo
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm planning our next trip, 9 days, 8 nights in December. Rack rates of these are all about the same.

Poly Concierge GV with Reg dining plan
Cont. MK view with Deluxe dinning plan
Beach Club Concierge LV with re. dining plan

We have stayed at the Poly 2x and the BCV 1 time. Which of these would you prefer and why?

Thanks,
Karen :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
My first question would be where do you anticipate spending most of your time - at the MK or at EPCOT/Disney Studios? The convenience to EPCOT/DS is a very big plus for the BC, while being on the monorail is a better location if you are at the MK a lot. The pool at BC is probably the best on property and is another plus.

But looking at your 3 options, you really cannot go wrong - all great places to stay. Good luck with your decision.

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Based on the options you presented, I would go with the Contemporary first, then the Poly. The chance to stay in a Magic Kingdom view room and see the fireworks up close each night would be the draw, not to mention the ease of transportation with monorail and with being able to walk to/from the Magic Kingdom. The Poly club level would be nice too, but personally I don't think the extra amenities would be worth giving up that Magic Kingdom view. :)

threeh
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I would pick CR as well. Your picture looks like you have at least one little one, and being able to walk to MK from CR is great. The tower view also rocks, coming back to your room to watch fireworks is also a perk.
That being said, if you tend to spend lots of time in EPCOT or you have older kids then I would lean toward BC. The pool is really really fun and its so easy to get to ECPOT via international gateway.
Rest assured, whichever you choose they are all GREAT choices!!!

Happy planning:mickey:

DisneyGiant
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Another vote for the Contemporary for the reasons stated above!!!

Have fun where ever you go!!!

BelleCiavo
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow, the overwhelming response for the Contemporary is surprising.

Thank you :mickey:

BronxTigger
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I would try the Contemporary, but not for the reasons above.

I have stayed at the YC/BC complex 3 times, and I really enjoy it. I have not stayed at either the Poly or the Contemporary, but I'd like to try both at some point.

From your list, I would choose CR because you haven't stayed there yet but you have stayed at both of the other two.

I am curious though, and you don't need to answer it here, but why would you get the deluxe plan if you stay at the CR but get the regular plan at the other two? Is it just because of the cost or because you would eat more if you stayed at CR? Just a thought to toss out there for you.

mouseketeer mom
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I would recommend trying the CR. We tried it for the first time in November for 5 nites before we moved to the Poly for 4 nites. I'm so glad we tried it, we liked it so much more than we anticipated. We felt like we could reach out and touch the castle from our room. It was classic Disney and worth it to have the MK view. We could see Chef Mickeys from our hallway by our room, and we saw the characters all the time. The CR had a terrific energy about it, and I think everyone should try it at least once! We loved it. As other posters said too, the transportation was so effortless. We got to places in no time. :bar:

BelleCiavo
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I am curious though, and you don't need to answer it here, but why would you get the deluxe plan if you stay at the CR but get the regular plan at the other two? Is it just because of the cost or because you would eat more if you stayed at CR? Just a thought to toss out there for you.

The other two options include concierge so I didn't think we would need three meals a day. We hardly ever do eat 3x anyway while we are at the World.

I included deluxe with the MK view Contemporary because I thought it would be good to go to a couple of Signature Restaurants (Cali for one, and we loved Narcoossee’s) and Hoop Dee Doo and maybe Spirit of Aloha. Also, we do prefer sit down for most meals instead of CS, but we like Capt. Cook's so if we stay at the Poly I don't mind eating most of my CS there.

I guess overall we love the Poly and miss it when we are not there, but we do like to try other resorts. My dh has wanted to stay at the Contemporary, but just about the only thing that could entice me to stay there is the MK view.

Karen

disneymother
01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
The rooms are huge at CR, but I suppose they are at the Poly too. We liked having the option of walking to MK if we wanted also.

DDuck66
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
We stayed at the CR in October 2005 with a MK view, and the view of the fireworks was unbelieveable!!! But, we have always heard such great things about the Poly. In fact we are at the Poly Concierge this May.
Since you have never stayed at the CR, I would go with that one. My DW and I, always try something new each trip.