PDA

View Full Version : voice-mail at pop?

ToraTory
01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Greetings,

Turns out my upcoming trip to the world has become a working "vacation". To that end I need to be available for work calls whenever possible. I have a cell phone but unfortunately it's not always reliable. I was wondering if Pop Century has a voice mail system that I can access from another phone. In other words can I check messages left to my room phone via my cell phone? This way I can give my office my hotel room phone number in the event they cannot reach my cell phone and then I can check in several times a day. Has anyone ever done this?

thanks -- tory

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I think the only way to access your voice-mail messages is from the phone in the room. You might be able to call the resort operator remotely from your cell phone and see if they can connect you to your messages, but I'm not sure.

Fangorn
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I'd actually be pretty surprised if the phone system doesn't have this capability. As I recall, the phone system is a fairly standard "Meridian" type system from AT&T and those systems have the capability of accessing voice mail from anywhere. Now whether the feature is implemented or not is another matter, but it's a common enough scenario and most hotels have this feature.

I'd call POP directly and ask.

Steve