PDA

View Full Version : Water Park feedback

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi guys -
We have the possiblity of hitting a water park on our first day of arrival, but since we have never done this, am wondering what/where we should go?

Also, can you water park hop, or is it even worth it?

If it helps we are going in the fall, i believe before the water parks are closed for the winter (guess i should check that...haha!! :blush:), at the end of value season.

dteed
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
We love both water parks, I am not sure about waterpark hopping but with the right ticket I am sure you can. We went in the summer and they have EMH mornings at the water parks every day so if they offer this in the fall it is well worth the loss of sleep. You can do everything before the crowds. We were on our way out of the water park while alot of poeple were still coming in.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 11:16 AM
That is an excellent idea. We schedule our flights to arrive very early on our first day and we are thinking we should either make it a pool day (at AKL) or a water park day. More research is in store for ME i can see...hehe. :vacation:

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Just checked Intercots Info Central under water parks, and the hours are only through July.

Anyone have any data on what park hours have been in the past in Sept and October?

ThanxForNoticin
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I expect you are looking at hours from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM that time of year. Usually one of the parks will close for winter refurbishing at the end of October.

I'm not sure about your question regarding water park hopping on the same day. I don't remember that being a feature of the tickets. Have a great time!

MegaDisney
01-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I prefer Blizzard Beach, I think the themeing is really cool (pun intended).

Summit Plummet ROCKS. Although beware BBB. (Blizzard Beach Butt):secret:

SimbaandNalasMama
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
thanks for the feedback. i will keep checking back to see what everyone says!

jdcastle
01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I do not believe there is such a thing as water park hopping. If you vist two water parks on one day, it will cost you two seperate "visits" from your "water parks and more" allotment. The number of "visits" you have is equal to the number of days your park tickets are for, but are still seperate events.

Meteora
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Even if you could water park hop, I don't think it would be worth it. Aside from transportation time, at each water park you'd want to get a locker, put away your valuables, then return your key and get your deposit back, possibly rent towels...basically, all the little things would add up quickly and intrude on your fun time. If you want to see both parks, I would suggest doing them on two different days.

As for where you should go, it depends on your taste. Blizzard Beach has more "thrilling" slides, the theming is great, and the lazy river is a lot of fun, as is just hanging out in meltaway bay on an innertube. However, I personally don't really care for waterslides with big, steep drops or slides where you go head-first, so BB isn't really my cup of tea. For me, the only thing I won't do at Typhoon Lagoon is the Humunga Kowabunga, whereas at BB it's almost everything--so Typhoon wins out for me. But they're both a lot of fun and you'll have a great time either way.

The water parks go down for refurb in Dec. and Jan.--one at a time--so I don't think they'd be closed when you're going.

poeticeclipse
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
IMO, I like Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. I think that there is more to do at TL. Plus, I can't go on speed slides because of my back so Typhoon fits the bill for me. The Shark Reef is awesome and the Crush and Gusher is a thrill (albeit a bit painful).