PDA

View Full Version : What time should i leave MK for dinner at Contemporary?

Tx. Mom
01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
We are getting ready for our first trip the last week of Jan! I'm trying to figure out the little details now to hopefully make it go smoothly with our 4 children :)

We have reservations for Chef Mickey at 8:30 our first night and plan to be at MK that day. What time should we leave MK to get to dinner on time? We can ride the monorail to the Contemporary or will the crowds be crazy at that time after the parade?

Thanks for the help!

Lynn J Mc
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
You can walk - takes about 10-15 minutes. Monorail will be crazy depending on what time parade and fireworks are but will probably take about the same amount of time.

MartyS
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Even though the Contemporary Resort is only about a 5 minute monorail ride away from the MK, you might want to head that way about 30 minutes (at least) before your ADR. If you get out to the monorail station and catch it just right, you will just be 20 or 25 minutes early, remember, you still have to get from where the monorail lets y'all off to Chef Mickey's, maybe 5 or 6 minutes. When you check in at the res. desk, if they don't bring y'all right on in, they will give you a pager so you can go lookin' around a little bit. If the monorail station looks like a Snickers bar on a red ant bed, (crowded), you can just walk over to the resort in about 10 minutes, easy, even with 4 younguns in tow. Hope y'all have a great time, and don't forget yer camera!

Donald's Girl
01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I would recommend walking. Between having to get on the monorail at MK and then working your way down through the crowd to Chef Mickey's it will be much more relaxing! When staying or eating at Contemporary we always walk since we discovered the convenience!
Have fun--the kids will love Chef Mickey's!!

Nurse Kim
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I am glad you asked this question because we have dinner reservations on our first day as well. Ours is at 7:30.

#1donaldfan
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I would walk it.....it can't be more than 10 minutes...we've done it a time or two...with 3 kids.....I suppose it depends on their age.....please leave about 30 minutes prior to your ADR....just in case your walkers are lagging behind......have fun, Chef Mickey's is a blast.....:thumbsup:

animalkingdomguy
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Check the parade schedule. Nothing stops foot traffic like a parade. A well time parade can have you stranded unable to get out of the park.