PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about end of Jan

vamaggie
01-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I am going to try to convince DH to take another trip to WDW next Jan. The kids have 2 days off sometime around the end of the month (for end of semester) How are crowds then? Temps? Any discounts likely? Any info from those who have gone at the end of Jan would be appreciated. TIA!!!

faline
01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Crowds are typically low. Weather can be variable. We were there last January and ran into a cold spell - needed jeans and sweatshirts for most of our trip though we did have a couple of days where temps went into the 70's. Just before we arrived, it was warm and folks were able to wear shorts and tees. So be prepared for all eventualities.

It's hard to say whether discounts will be offered or not. There are quite a few event that occur in January - from the marathon to the Dance Championships to the Martin Luther King holiday.

By the by, if you plan to go around the holiday, expect crowds to increase for that weekend.

ginger19
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
It was pretty cold last year although we also had two fairly warm days so be prepared for anything. Crowds were very low during the week but seemed to pick up around the weekend.

tink179
01-07-2008, 10:17 AM
We went the last week of January last year, and it was great! Not much of any waiting. 20 min wait or walk ons. There were only a few chilly days, but coming from Iowa it was great. I don't mind wearing a light jacket, or long sleeve shirt. It was 60-70's most days and a few days of 80's. I'd rather be a little cool and not sweating to death in the summer. It was still warm enough to go swimming most of the days. My family and I always choose January for our trips. We leave on Sunday for our 4th trip, and wouldn't go any other time of the year. Hope this helps! :mickey:

bobpfef
01-07-2008, 11:32 AM
We went last Jan and loved it. The temps were fine for us. We are from MN so it was wonderful for it to be 70s in Jan. Only one chilly day where I wore a sweatshirt, but nothing too bad. Much better then home for sure. Waiting were, at the most 20 minutes except during MLK weekend when it got busier. We are planning on going back next Jan, it was really a great time to go.