PDA

View Full Version : DDP Snack Changes

jszczur5
01-07-2008, 03:25 AM
I just read on another forum (I'm sure it's been discussed here, I just haven't come across it) that the changes in the DDP also extend to snacks as well. It used to be that pretty much anything under $4.00 was a snack. Now I have read that in order to qualify as a snack, the item must be single serving. That means that the box of Entemann's doughnuts (2 breakfasts for 2 adults) or large bags of SmartPop pocorn can no longer be purchased with a Snack credit. Granted, a $2.89 (?) bag of popcorn may not be the best way to use a Snack credit, but it wasn't the worst either.
I guess the upside is that I won't have to skimp on DoleWhips because I was saving those Snack credits for popcorn later. It just seems that the more I read, the less I like the new and improved DDP. I certainly hope that Free Dining is offered again this year, or we will be eating at Olive Garden and Outback a lot. I would have happily paid for the old version of DDP. This new plan is only worth it to me if it's free. (And yes - I know, it's not really free!)

drhama
01-07-2008, 04:17 AM
I was wondering the same thing myself. It does look like a snack credit is pretty much a soda, popcorn or ice cream. I was looking forward to using some credits at the wagons at the food and wine festival like we did last year.
Bummer.