PDA

View Full Version : CD Preview

wizardmickey
01-06-2008, 10:24 PM
This is news ya can't even get at our MySpace Page!
The time is coming, and we've begun practicing & writing some material for the first RELIX CD (which is untitled right now.) Because this is where we got our name (and I know that people here will be the first in line for copies!!) you get the low-down first:
This'll be the first time since 1988-90 that I've recorded with a full band. The OFF LYMITZ CD's from 1998 & 2000 were pretty much my brother (drums and vocals) and I (everything else) with guests sitting in on various solos, so this oughta be a hoot!
Material proposed so far:
Since I have a ton of stuff I've been working on in various stages, the first logical choice everyone came to was to use some songs from the project I had been working on. From that, the songs "The Quiet Room", "Revelation Revolution", "The Last Laugh", and possibly "She Must Have Been An Angel" and "Purple Mood Blue" (the last song I'm wanting Chris to take the lead vocals on) have been chosen. There was another song I had demo'd that I'd never written any lyrics to, so Stevie has grabbed that one and plans to make it his own.
Chris had an old blues flavored song he'd been kicking around while in various other bands that we've practiced a few times (no title yet) as well as a couple of song pieces that came to him while in dreams recently that we've been helping him flesh out (I've helped with the music while Chad & Stevie are going to help write lyrics.)
As well, I've got a song that's been collecting dust since 1983 called "Every Little Thing (Reminds Me Of You)" that I've retooled, plus a song called "Breaking Away" that I've already recorded and released while in OFF LYMITZ, but everyone wants to redo it.
Everything is subject to change, and of course we're hoping that by the time we get to the studio (gonna let somebody else helm this so that it doesn't seem as if I'm trying to run the show) that Chris will have a few more songs he can claim lead vocals on since live we usually split those duties 50/50. But as it stands, we have at least the above 10 songs to work with, and I'm getting a bit jazzed about getting this ball rolling!

TinkRocks
01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
:here: :here: :here: :here: :here:

:rocker: Put Rock.i Roads on the Official Waiting List! :drummer:

Don't forget - managers get a cut of the sales... ;)

wizardmickey
01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Hmmm, do they also share in the expenses of studio time? Heh heh!
It's why I'm waiting for tax time, so I can float the costs. Guess that makes me the Executive Producer or something? Is that a conflict of interests?

Patricia
01-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Woot! Looks like we'll be touring sooner than I thought. I really am looking forward to my new career.

:director:

I love rock n roll.. :D
:drummer::play::piano::nopity::pipes::rocker:

BTW - I don't see a conflict of interests.. you'll be a great Producer!

PinkJJ
01-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Me, me! Put me down on that waiting list, please! :number1:

TinkRocks
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, do they also share in the expenses of studio time?

I'll be the one supplyin' y'all with :pizza: & :beer: at 3am... :razz:

wizardmickey
01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
A great producer, eh? The guy with the money gets to have the most credits on the cover I guess! Although I did have a heavy hand in the production of my last 2 CD's... As a matter of fact, as I said prior, since it was pretty much a 2-man band (with only 1 of us committed to the effort) I guess I do have some producing experience!
I'm really hoping the guys get the fire to "create" as this moves along. Chris is very unsure of himself; over 25 years playing guitar and he's only written 1 song. Stevie has had some co-write credits, and Chad has played in all origonal's bands and had his imput. I won't for modesty sake try to count how many songs I've written or co-written over the years.
I like the list of supplies at 3 am!!! HoooooBoy! As if I didn't have enough trouble sleeping now!

Chescat
01-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh and speaking of his last DVD. I seem to have for sale some limited time only DVDs. :funny::funny:

wizardmickey
01-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Chescat: "I seem to have for sale some limited time only DVDs."
1) As long as they aren't being sold on EBay, and
2) Do I get a cut? This studio thing is gonna be kinda pricey!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
How exciting! :D Hope everything goes alright at the studio :pixie: and get rockin'! :rocker:

wizardmickey
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
...and tonight was perhaps one of the most productive rehearsals we've had since before the Holidays!
Decided 1st off to go over mostly songs we aren't as comfortable with... over and over and over, until they sounded good. What a difference a little bit of work can make.
Added 1 new cover to the expansive list: Queen's "Under Pressure".
DIscussed beating the bushes for gigs: We have several plans of attack, now to follow through.
Recording: We have 2 goals now...
1) Hit the studio in the next 2-3 weeks to record 5 or 6 of our tightest cover tunes "live" so we can use them to get our feet into clubs and what-not. This was a compromise so the guys who'd not done studio work could get familiar/comfortable before we go in all gangster...
2) Return mid to late March to begin work on the CD of our own stuff. By then, we hope to have our material tight enough to go in and play it out mostly live and then throw down any over dubs as quickly as possible.
I contacted the guys who own/run the studio we're interested and we hope to have a meeting with them this weekend to go visit & talk prices and services. We know some of these guys from various other bands and such... I've worked with their head engineer at another studio, and the guy who set the place up & does final sound/mixes just got off the Family Values Tour and has done sound/engineering/mixing for the likes of Zakk Wylde & the Black Label Society, Korn & Evenescence. He and I go wayyyy back to when he was still going to school to get his degree in sound & he helped with some stuff we were recording in '98.

Busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy!

TinkRocks
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy!

Don't you mean you're 'Under Pressure'??? :razz:

Insanity laughs under pressure...

OhGee
01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Very cool Ice! Can't wait to hear the new CD!

wizardmickey
01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeah, Pressure... Under Pressure.
It didn't hit me until later; Chad keep busting into the "Ice Ice Baby" rap when we'd stop singing the actual song, claiming the usual "but I was playing Ice Ice Baby, it had that extra little dun-dun-dun-duh-duh-duh-dun and then an extra dun! See?"
But they don't know me as "Ice"... well, except through MySpace... OMG! Were they having a laugh on me?!?!?!?!?!?!?

chrisb26
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Sounds awesome Ice can't wait!! :number1:

I think Ice Ice Baby would be an awesome addition to your cd :D

TinkRocks
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Y'all need to stop, collaborate, and listen...

Ice is back with a brand new cd!

JPL
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Ice is back and he told you so :rocker:

wizardmickey
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
TinkRocks
Ice is back with a brand new cd!
Almost, almost... the cover's CD/Demo for clubs will get done (fingers crossed) in a few weeks, and yes; if anyone is interested in hearing what's on it when we're done we'll be happy to make something available or email a track or two...

JPL
Ice is back and he told you so
Yeah, you rascally Rock Soldier you Figgie! Of course, some people would say that I never really went away...

terri.m
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
:thumbsup: finally an addition to my Relix collection!!

wizardmickey
01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
An addition? Ah yeah, you got that autographed DVD from me in person!!
Soon... very soon...

wizardmickey
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Went to studio today and toured place. The studio drumset used to belong to the origonal drummer of Evanescence! We set a date for Feb. 15th & 16th to start recording.

We also have a fairly major gig (for this area) at the Holiday Inn Convention Centre for the 26th of this month.

Plus I fell today off our back step. I'm sore. I've taken 2 pain pills & a muscle relaxer. I hope tomorrow I'm not feeling the reprecussions. It was a spectacular fall though... and no power tools were involved this time!

OhGee
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Thank goodness no power tools!