PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Villas and FW Cabin?

beets
01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Anyone have any opinions or insights amongst the 5 villas and the FW Cabin, for a trip with 6?

Donald's Girl
01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Haven't stayed in any of the Villas but did stay in FW cabin with 4 adults and 2 small children. Weren't really too cramped but closet situation was a problem. There is only a closet in the bedroom. My husband and I who used the Murphy bed had to live out of our suitcases and try to keep them neat and out of the way when everyone was up. We only stayed there for 4 nights and think any longer would have gotten on everyone's nerves!

dteed
01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I would go with 1 or 2 bedroom villa for a party of 6. Depending on the age of the party. I would just prefer a hotel atmosphere to that of a cabin.

May524
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I've never stayed at the FW cabins, but I have stayed in a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villa at OKW. We absolutely loved the villas. We didn't not feel cramped and it was very spacious. OKW is a great resort, and among the villas supposively the largest rooms.

pox24
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
We found the conveneince and size, depending upon the number of guests, the villas were much better. However cabins are kinda unique amongst the trees at FW. The boss ( my wife) won't cabin any more.

CU Tiger
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
We have stayed in the cabins each of the past 5 years with 4 adults and two kids. Each time we stay for a week and love it! :thumbsup: We like how quiet it is, all the things to do in FW, and the ability to save a few bucks by eating breakfast in and cooking out on the grill a couple nights. Plus, where else at a Disney hotel can you just sit on the deck (maybe enjoying a good beverage:beer::marg:) and your kids are outdoors playing. The only two downsides for us is the storage for clothing is minimal and the pools are just standard and not themed. These two items are not enough to keep us from going back. It is a great value and we always say it is the best-kept secret at DW.:mickey:

teambricker04
01-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Haven't stayed in any of the Villas but did stay in FW cabin with 4 adults and 2 small children. Weren't really too cramped but closet situation was a problem. There is only a closet in the bedroom. My husband and I who used the Murphy bed had to live out of our suitcases and try to keep them neat and out of the way when everyone was up. We only stayed there for 4 nights and think any longer would have gotten on everyone's nerves!

Agreed! We had 4 adults and 2 kids this past Nov and have decided that although we LOVED FW, we would only stay in the cabins again if we had two as there is hardly ANY place to store things. We had on in a pack'n'play which even more limited space.

FW is loads of fun and we would stay there again in the cabins but only our immediate family.

We have also stayed at the family suites at ASMu and loved that as well. Kids can go to be early and we stay up!

Haven't tried the villas yet... maybe this next summer!

diz_girl
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
If you need two bathrooms and have the money, then you may want to go with the villas, since you'll need at least a 2BR villa with 6 people It can be expensive (at least $610 per night during value season). The 1br villas only accommodate four people (plus maybe an infant).

If you need to stretch your vacation dollars or if you want to stay in a quieter location, then do the FW cabin. Rates start at $255 per night value season, so you'll pay less than half of the rate of a 2br villa. I've considered the FW cabins too and have heard good things about them.

Cinderelley
01-08-2008, 12:27 AM
We loved the cabins. It was so nice to have the quiet and peacefulness surrounding us. The only thing I didn't like was the bus situation.

Brer Mickey
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
We lodged at the cabins with four adults, one teenager, and a 9 year old. It was very crowded, and with only one bathroom, getting ready in the mornings took a long time.

If you can afford the villas, I would do that for sure. You won't miss anything that the cabins can offer, and you will save countless time everyday getting everyone going, and everyone will have much more privacy.

Kenny1113
01-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with the privacy issue of the cabins, very nice but very intimate. I have stayed in a 2 BR DVC resort and it is amazing, we stayed with 8 pp ( six adults and 2 children) and it was the perfect size. I don't know how much they are going for for your dates, but you might want to look into ajoining rooms also.