PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs pros and cons

Terk24
01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
What are the pros and cons to Saratoga Springs . (set-up, location, food, etc.) Any info would be great!! tHANK YOU

MickeyMousse
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
PROS::joy:
-We were there in November and stayed in Congress Park. It was a great location, quiet and we had a wonderful view of the Cirque tent and House of Blues. It was beautiful when it was all lit up at night. :cloud9:
-We were within walking distance to DTD.
-The Turf Club was wonderful as we ate there twice, for lunch and dinner. Try the crab cakes!
-Artist Palette was good for breakfast and a quick lunch.

CONS::down:
-Need to take the bus to all of the parks (or drive yourself). Only destination within walking distance is DTD. Saratoga desperately needs to put more buses on their route. Even though Saratoga has their own buses and do not stop at any other resort, the buses get super crowded. Many times we ended up waiting over 30 minutes at our stop for a bus and decided to drive instead.

-Saratoga has only 2 restaurants. For such a huge resort, they are truly lacking in this area.

-We went from a studio into a 1 bedroom, which ironically were next door to one another. However, the condition of the 1 bedroom was not of Disney standards. Tremendously dusty, a basketball sized water spot on the bedroom ceiling (it looked like they painted over it and it came back thru), broken tiles in the bathroom. The towel rack came off in my hand and it took 2 days for maintenance to repair it. I am convinced that the dust (you could see the build up of it on the vents) contributed to my DS coming down with pneumonia a few days after we got home.

And no, I wouldn't stay there again.

OogieBoogieMan
01-06-2008, 09:58 PM
If you do a search on the phrase "Sarasoso" you will find the review I posted about a year ago with my thoughts, along with those of about twenty other people. As you might surmise from the subject, it wasn't our favorite, but I think you will find a variety of opinions.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
We love SSR!! :thumbsup:

Pro's:
-Immaculate grounds and our one bedroom was perfect
-The bus service was the best we have ever had at any Disney resort. They came frequently both to the parks and back to the resort.
-The pools are great. My kids had a blast at the main pool and the second themed pool at The Grandstand section. Our Villa was in that section and it was a perfect location
-Both the Turf Club and Artists Pallete were fine by us. We ate breakfast in our room and lunch in the parks so we only grabbed dinner from both places. They could add another sit down but, that is not a priority to us since DTD is such a short walk and there is plenty of choices there.
-The resort was busy, or so the CM's at check in said. But, it never seemed to be. The size of the resort that is a minus for others, actually seemed to be a good thing for making the resort seem quiet. We have no problem with the size of SSR or walking around the resort with three small kids

Con's:
-They could add a few options to Artists Pallette for the picky eaters. DH is a meat and potato guy and ate only one time from there. That is stretching it for a Con...the kids and I had no issue at all finding things we liked on the menu. DH is just a pain. ;)

As you can tell, we are big SSR fans!! :thumbsup:

dteed
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Pro for us- number of points used per night

Con- distance from parks. Not so bad for us since we always have a car and will drive to parks or a nearby resort. The bus ride within the resort is very long.

May524
01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
My family and I stayed at SSR for one short trip. Nobody in my party was impressed and greatly preferred OKW to this resort. They didn't care for the theming or for the transportation. I do like OKW better, however, I did find the resort very quiet and relaxing (if thats your thing).