PDA

View Full Version : Medium -- Discussion (Show Picked up by CBS!)

NotaGeek
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Set your TiVO's folks! Thank GOODNESS NBC decided to start Medium showing the entire season beginning in January! FINALLY new television to occupy our time and discussions again. I am getting tired of reality TV and this will be a welcome relief to the mundane evenings caused by the writer's strike. If the strike goes on much longer I am going to have to get a HOBBY. :faint:

A high point of the season is Angelica Houston will be joining the cast! :thumbsup:

Carol
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
This show has a Season Pass on my system. I love the cast!

ChipnDaleGal
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
It's one of my favorites too. I just love the little girl that plays the midde daughter. She has the cutest chipmunk cheeks ever!!

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm excited for this season to begin too. I've missed watching Medium! Are they showing the whole season straight through though? I thought I heard they were airing the first six episodes and I wasn't sure what they were doing after that.:confused:

NotaGeek
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm excited for this season to begin too. I've missed watching Medium! Are they showing the whole season straight through though? I thought I heard they were airing the first six episodes and I wasn't sure what they were doing after that.:confused:

Oh no! I hope not ... I thought they said it was a whole season! CURSES!

At least Big Brother should be starting soon. That's WEEKS of entertainment. (hopefully)

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Michael, I think I might have been confusing the six episodes they stated Anjelica Houston was going to be in this season with the total number of episodes to air. From what I can find on the internet, it does sound like there will only be nine episodes airing this season, especially if the writers' strike is not over soon.

Carol
01-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I've missed watching Medium! Me too. What a great episode!!

NotaGeek
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh MAN! What an awesome episode!

NotaGeek
05-19-2009, 07:23 PM
CANCELED!!! Yes, you read that right ... NBC has cancecelled the MULTIPLE award winning show ... I am completely disgusted! I hate this time of year ...

ChipnDaleGal
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
This is one of my favorites! What am I gonna do without cute little Bridget, and my weekly dose of Joe in his boxers??

Tink1
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
OH NO!!!!!!!!

idiots, they are pure idiots

N

pixiesmimi
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Why???? :fit: Why on earth would they cancel one of the best shows on TV? With the avalanche of "Reality" shows, this was a welcome change. I love this show! Maybe they just ran out of story line. Maybe if we all protest they will bring it back!

SBETigg
05-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Ugh! I love Medium. They're canceling a lot of great shows to make room for Leno moving to the ten slot. Medium's a little dark for the 9 pm est timeframe, so I was afraid they were going to nix it. Bummer. I love that Patricia Arquette looks like a real woman, and the kids look like real kids, not TV casting kids. The cast works so well together.

MNNHFLTX
05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I agree that TPTB are idiots. The season was better than ever--definitely not getting old. What a shame to think that a show that actually had an original premise might stay on the air. :shake:

Magic Smiles
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
Okay, it must be my fault that this show is being cancelled.:thedolls:

Everytime I start to watch a show and think that it is great, they cancel it. Guess I will just have to stay with reality TV in hope that some of them are cancelled.

Similiar to everytime I find a food product I love, they discontinue it.:confused:

Tink1
05-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Okay, it must be my fault that this show is being cancelled.:thedolls:

Everytime I start to watch a show and think that it is great, they cancel it. Guess I will just have to stay with reality TV in hope that some of them are cancelled.

Similiar to everytime I find a food product I love, they discontinue it.:confused:

I am still angry over Journeyman too!

Nanc

SBETigg
05-20-2009, 08:23 AM
I am still angry over Journeyman too!

Nanc

Oh, me too! I loved that show.

AdventurerKim
05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
All the great shows or shows I watch religiously get canceled--now Medium, Pushing Daisies, Studio 60, Boston Legal, etc...! If House is next, I won't be watching any network TV anymore; it'll be cable and DVD's from now on. Grrrr....:mad: I just hope the finale of Medium a week from Monday ties everything up and doesn't leave us hanging.

NotaGeek
05-20-2009, 01:10 PM
YES! CBS has saved the series ... evidently the show is produced by CBS and airs on NBS and CBS knows it's a great show ... and it was jut announced that Medium will be airing next season on the Friday night lineup for CBS ... whew! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Isn't that the same thing that happened with Scrubs??

In any case, I am very happy. This was one of the few shows that I have to watch each week. Thanks for letting us know, Michael. :clappy:

pixiesmimi
05-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh! That is great! It isn't going to be reruns, is it? Why would a show produced by CBS be broadcast on NBC? :confused: Why wasn't it on CBS to begin with if CBS realizes how great a show this is?

SBETigg
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh! That is great! It isn't going to be reruns, is it? Why would a show produced by CBS be broadcast on NBC? :confused: Why wasn't it on CBS to begin with if CBS realizes how great a show this is?

That actually happens, I think. Maybe the production units are separate from programming? I don't know why it happens, but I've heard of it happening. I'm just glad that CBS picked it up- it will be new shows, yes, not reruns.

AdventurerKim
05-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I was so glad to read in the newspaper yesterday that Medium is being picked up by CBS!!! :party:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
YES! CBS has saved the series ... evidently the show is produced by CBS and airs on NBS and CBS knows it's a great show ... and it was jut announced that Medium will be airing next season on the Friday night lineup for CBS ... whew! :thumbsup:

I am so happy about this! Thanks for the great news Michael! Whew! I might still get my weekly dose of Joe and his boxers!! :thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
05-22-2009, 11:06 PM
One of my faves. Yeah!