PDA

View Full Version : Bibiddi Bobbidi Boutique for Boys?

junedis
01-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Has anyone taken their boys to Bibiddi Bobbidi Boutique for the cool dude treatment? I've scheduled my daughter(6) and my son(9) for an appointment right before lunch at the castle. I scheduled my son with a 50/50% chance he might want to do it. Any input as to how some other boys liked or disliked the experience would be helpful. I just thought I schedule the appointment to be safe. Thanks so much!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
01-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I recently saw a boy around 6 or 7 with the cool dude package...his hair was tipped in green and he had bright confetti in it...cute, but I'm not sure a 9 yr old would go for it...Hopefully someone will answer you with better info.
:pirate:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
My son had just turned 7 and thought the hairstyle would be cool. We went to BBB in Downtown Disney to check it out. One look at the place and I knew the answer. The boys get "done" where the girls are. It's too cutsey girly for boys. I cannot understand why they would not have a special place for boys that wasn't so frilly. I can probably guess a 9 year old would have the same reaction.

poeticeclipse
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
I think it really depends on your own son. Some may find it fun and others may be bored with sitting around girls getting dolled up. I have a co-worker who's son would probably have a total blast.

Just depends! Ask your son what he wants!:)

heidi614
01-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I know my son at age 5 wouldn't have anything to do with "Girly Things" Maybe he could go with another in your Party to do a Boy thing? Like the Indy Race Cars or there is a Barber Shop near City Hall. You'd have to check their hours. :mickey:

diz_girl
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree with heidi614. If you think that the BBB would seem to girly for him, go to the Harmony Barber Shop at the MK. They can also do something similar to the cool dude package of BBB for boys of all ages (including grown up ones). Even if he doesn't want colored hair gel, he can still get a regular haircut, which will be special because he's getting it in WDW. They don't take appointments, but you shouldn't wait long for a chair. It's located on the left as you enter the Magic Kingdom, past City Hall, tucked in between the "car barn" and the Emporium. They're open daily from 9am-5pm and costs about $15 for kids' haircuts and an extra $5 for hair gel. I don't know if you can do just the hair gel.

If you decide to cancel for your son at the BBB, just remember the 24 hour cancellation policy.