PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise or Disneyland?

Magic Smiles
01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
We are wondering what to do for our next vacation. DH is Disney World done. I know how could you ever of had enough of WDW. So now I am wondering what to do for our next vacation - maybe in May 08. There are three of us, myself, DH and DS who will be 16 then. Which would your recommend and why? If we did the cruise it would be the eastern cruise.

jenfriend
01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm considering each for different reasons. Hope you get responses, I'll be checking back.

jodijo
01-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I live in CA and have been to DL many times. I think it is wonderful but would not go if DH is tired of Disney parks. It can be very crowded and I feel there is not as much to do. (2 parks at DL compared to 4 at WDW.) I would recommend the cruise. You still get the magic of Disney with the relaxation of a cruise.

DisneyDudet
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
One thing you will have to consider here is money. We did DL in 5 days, while the cruise you want to do is 7. We did not spend NEARLY the amount in DL as we did the cruise.

Now, if money is not an option, I would say the Disney Cruise. You will find DL smaller, with a lot of things to do, but DCA.. not so much.

The eastern DC is AMAZING. We are looking into another for 2009, and WILL to the Eastern. It is so amazing! There is something for everyone. There is a teen area just for them, no adults allowed! They throw parties, but are supervised in all they do that is sponsored by Disney. At Castaway Cay, they have their own beach, with volleyball and everything. If your son wants to be away from you, or you away from him, there's no better place! For adults, there's classes on making some of the menu items, called "The Art of Entertaining" We did this just about every day. A lot of the times, you will get a small glass of the wine they find that pairs well with the food item. There's also fruit carving and other things. You can also become a bar tender with their mixology seminar! There's also lectures about Disney things. When we went, they had a lecture from an Imagineer about Expedition Everest, and another about the Disney Castles, with one of the designers of the Cinderella Suite at WDW. We got to see pictures that no one, except those who get to stay in the suite, get to see! There's also family fun, like the MOST amazing stage shows off Broadway! And don't get me started on the food...

Personally, I would do the cruise. If you are wanting to save money, DL is fun too.

Come join us in the Disney Cruise Line forum. There's just a handful of us, but we would LOVE to tell you why a cruise is the way to go!

Tink#64
01-07-2008, 11:47 PM
OMG, DisneyDudet, you've got me all excited about a Disney Cruise! And we're not even planning one! Now you've got me thinking, we were planning DL in a few years, DS's are now 10 & 12, but maybe we'll do the cruise instead! We're debating the DL trip, thinking that after WDW we would be a bit let down. Shhhhh! I've seen the cruise info on the Travel Channel & it looks awesome! I'll have to check out the cruising form!

Now I can see me cruisin! :thanks:

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
OMG, DisneyDudet, you've got me all excited about a Disney Cruise! And we're not even planning one! Now you've got me thinking, we were planning DL in a few years, DS's are now 10 & 12, but maybe we'll do the cruise instead! We're debating the DL trip, thinking that after WDW we would be a bit let down. Shhhhh! I've seen the cruise info on the Travel Channel & it looks awesome! I'll have to check out the cruising form!

Now I can see me cruisin! :thanks:

Seriously, if you really want to ENGROSS yourself in Disney magic, a Disney Cruise is the way to go. There is not ONE MOMENT on that ship that you aren't in the midst of it all. From the moment you step on that ship, and throughout the entire time, you are greeted by all CMs with a smile and the Disney service is, by far, better than at the Parks.

I have pictures and trip reports if anyone would like to see. Please, join us in the DCL forum... we need more cruisers!!!

Anyway, DL is fun as well. Its amazing the differences and contrasts to WDW. We weren't disappointed in DL as compared to WDW, its just a whole different experience, that I think any Disney fan should taste at one point in their life.

But I'm partial to the cruise, as we're planning for number three in June! Feel free to join us on the 4 day Double Dip Wonder Cruise on June 22!