PDA

View Full Version : Cantgetenuff's Chaotic Christmas and Neurotic New Years--PHOTOS!

Christine
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, FINALLY here are the pictures we promised you!

This was one of our longest trips, yet we came back with the fewest pictures ever! The crowds were just too big to mess with it.

Dsnygirl
01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow!! You were right... you didn't come back with many!! But the ones you took were great... esp. the fireworks!! They turned out great!! I'm PM'ing you from Dan to find out what kind of camera you guys use, we we're looking for one...

Thanks for sharing them with us!!! :D

NotaGeek
01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
:clappy:

I loved reading you trip report and loved the pics! Thanks for taking the time to make some great posts! :thumbsup:

tadshome
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
The firework pictures are great:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing them :mickey:

pogo
01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
WOW...... that's about all I can say !:faint:

Tell John the photo's were the best I've seen of any fireworks anyplace. :thumbsup:

Please tell me he didn't photoshop them ! :D

mickey&missy
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow Christine! Thanks for sharing! The pictures are great! The fireworks pics are spectular!

faline
01-06-2008, 04:28 PM
You may not have taken a lot of pictures but you got some really great shots with the pictures you do have!

Darbylew
01-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Great pictures......we were there in November
and saw it all but looking at your pictures
brought our trip back to us. Thanks for sharing
them with us. We really enjoyed them. We will
be back in April and so looking forward to it.
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP NOVEMBER 2007 :mickey:
NEXT TRIP APRIL 2008 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

princessjojo
01-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Your pictures are fantastic! I just cannot get over how well they turned out, especially the ones of the fireworks! They are absoutly amazing, and Olivia, well what can you say but she is a jewel!

I have to ask though, how were you able to get such great shots of the fireworks???

alongfortheride
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Your pictures are fantastic! I just cannot get over how well they turned out, especially the ones of the fireworks! They are absoutly amazing, and Olivia, well what can you say but she is a jewel!

I have to ask though, how were you able to get such great shots of the fireworks???

Thanks...I used a dSLR on a tripod with a cable release. That's really the only way to get good fireworks shots.

BronxTigger
01-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Those photos were wonderful! Thanks for sharing them with us! I really enjoyed looking at them.

Nascfan
01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Christine, thank you so much for taking us along on your trip, and John, thank you SO much for the beautiful photos! The last one in the album, with the castle lit up and Walt and Mickey's statue....wow! That's about the only word to describe it, wow. Absolutely breathtaking.

How is John's toe, by the way? I hope healing nicely. And Christine, please make sure to get all checked out by your family physician please. The heart is the most important muscle in the body, and you want to make sure it is functioning properly.

Mickey'sGirl
01-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks...I used a dSLR on a tripod with a cable release. That's really the only way to get good fireworks shots.Fabulous photos John! I love the Castle/Partners/Fireworks shot at the end. :thumbsup:Why wasn't Christine in the Ratatouille photo? :thedolls:

glenpreece
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Those pics are FANTASTIC!!!!

alongfortheride
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Fabulous photos John! I love the Castle/Partners/Fireworks shot at the end. :thumbsup:Why wasn't Christine in the Ratatouille photo? :thedolls:

Same reason she wasn't in any photos by the Star Tours ride!

dolphinmickey9170
01-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Those are some awesome pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

vizsla
01-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Great pictures.:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

dlpmikki
01-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Great pictures and an eventful trip! Glad you managed to have a good time despite everything. :thumbsup:

alongfortheride
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments on the photos.

And, my toe is much better now...it has settled into a nice light purple and since I pulled it back out, it's actually straight again. :)

merlinmagic4
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I read all your reports today and......wow.......what a trip! I enjoyed the reports but don't think I could make it through a Christmas trip :blush:

I haven't been to the main beach spot for our local fireworks in years because I had that same crowd experience that you had at Fantasmic. It was awful!

It sure sounds like you make the best of some tough situations, though! I hope you're feeling better!

McGoofy
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
It's hard to believe that your trip has come to an end! I've enjoyed reading about your adventures.:mickey: Thanks for sharing the photos. They may have been few, but they were really good. You even got some great shots at the Haunted Mansion. John, glad to hear your toe is better!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
01-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Thank you for sharing your photos (and your trip) with us! These are probably the best holiday pictures I've seen from Disney World. I was happy to read that you got home without any further incidents. Olivia is adorable!

tinkerbell04
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
What fantastic photos! Everyone of them is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

John, I am glad that your toe is getting better!

Bethis26fan
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing.

Here we go again...
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Wow Christine!
Those photos are amazing.

I HAVE to have a copy of the last one of the lighted castle with the statue of Walt and Mickey. I tried to download it but i have to install of the Webshts stuff for my Desktop. That is weird since I am a premium member of webshots.

Would you please (pretty please) email me a copy of that picture?

What kind of camera did you use?

pdrlkr
01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Great pics! :thumbsup: :mickey:

DizNee143
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
there many not be many pictures..but wow they are all beautiful!! you guys sure do have a great camera!! :mickey:

alongfortheride
01-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks to all for the compliments and the well-wishing on my toe. It's significantly better now. :)

Here's a copy of the castle pic that some are interested in. You should be able to copy it from there.

Click here (http://www.jdwarner.com/images/personal/IMG_1115.jpg)

there many not be many pictures..but wow they are all beautiful!! you guys sure do have a great camera!! :mickey:

I like to think the years I've spent learning to use it have a little to do with it. ;)

FYI, for those interested in the camera specifics, I used a Canon EOS 40D digital SLR with 17-55 IS lens. All fireworks shots were shot mounted on a tripod using mirror lockup and a cable release in BULB mode at ISO 100 and f/11. Roughly half of the castle shots were shot tripod-mounted as well.

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Great pics! Olivia is adorable!

ChipnDaleGal
01-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Great job , John. And I am so glad to hear that your toe is feeling better. Thanks for sharing your photos. :mickey: