PDA

View Full Version : Pool view at AKL

SimbaandNalasMama
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
We just booked a pool view at AKL, anyone had a room in this category? What was it like? anywhere specific i should request?

thanks in advance! :mickey:

BethieTink
01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I stayed at the AKL in January of 2006 with a friend and had a Pool View room. We were up on the 5th floor and had a great view. We were close enough to the elevator that the walk was not too far, but not too close that we heard everyone going to/from the elevator. We thought it was a perfect spot. We didn't miss seeing the animals out of windows, since we gone for most of the hours that they would have been out anyway. There are plenty of places around the resort to see them.

Fabulous resort. We absolutely loved it. Make sure to take advantage of the fireplace in the lobby (depending on the time of year). It was so welcoming and relaxing when coming home from a long day.

Have a great time!!

SimbaandNalasMama
01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
BethieTink - Do you remember what trail and room number you were on/had?

BethieTink
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I want to say Giraffe Trail, room 5016. The nice thing about the room was that it was end of the section. It was right at the midway point in the hall.

We loved AKL. You should have a great time.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
thanks for the info, bethietink. i will store it with my trip plans and docs.

anyone else?

RedSoxFan
01-06-2008, 03:54 PM
We had two pool view rooms when we stayed at AKL. I know it was on the 5th fllor. I don't remember the room number. Ourside our door was a huge picture window to view the animals. Very nice resort and I would stay there again in with a pool view room. Enjoy.:mickey:

DakotaDisney
01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
If you can afford it, I would suggest the Savannah View rooms.

The pool area is nice at AKL.
But if I am going to pay the deluxe resort price to stay at AKL, then I would want to see the animals from my room.

I stayed there in January 07 and that was one of the main reasons I choose AKL, so I didn't want to only see the pool.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
If you can afford it, I would suggest the Savannah View rooms.

The pool area is nice at AKL.
But if I am going to pay the deluxe resort price to stay at AKL, then I would want to see the animals from my room.

I stayed there in January 07 and that was one of the main reasons I choose AKL, so I didn't want to only see the pool.

alas, savannah view was not available. :( considering its 10 months away, i will keep checking, but pool view is ok for us, since we spend so little time in the actual room.

JPL
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
alas, savannah view was not available. :( considering its 10 months away, i will keep checking, but pool view is ok for us, since we spend so little time in the actual room.

If you are paying extra for the Pol View I would simply go with a Standard View except for a Savannah view the extra money is not worth it.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 10:31 AM
If you are paying extra for the Pol View I would simply go with a Standard View except for a Savannah view the extra money is not worth it.

also good to note. i will store that away with all my other tidbits and as i check back, will keep that in mind. thanks! :mickey:

rnin02
01-08-2008, 01:38 PM
We stayed at AKL pool view, on the 4th floor, Zebra trail. It was a beautiful, beautiful view. But, every morning, I woke up very early (6-7ish) to the sound of screaming, playing, noisy kids. That was not beautiful at all. And this was in September. Even with our drapes pulled, I could hear them. I'm a bit of a light sleeper though, I don't think my DH heard as much as me.

jpcns50
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I also stayed in a pool view room at AKL in September, room 4016 on the Giraffe Trail, I must have been right below you BethieTink, how strange!

I felt that it was nice to look out at the pool. Our view was a little blocked by trees, but I enjoyed it. (Actually, if you want, Private Message me and maybe I can send you a picture of the view from our room)

I felt that I got to see enough of the animals without the savanah view room. Make sure to check out the Night Vision viewing of the Animals, it was amazing!!

snerd475
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
We stayed at the AK in Sept 07, 2nd floor on the Zebra trail overlooking the pool - right at the entryway into it, in fact. It was not that loud, and trees obscured the view enough to be able to sit on the balcony and not stare or be stared at. We were in the first jutting building, a bit of a hike from the lobby to the elevator, but the Savanna was right at the elevator end of our hallway. We could go right out there and rock in the chairs and watch the animals.
I love AK, and will take advantage next time they have great FL resident rates like they did in Sept!
Have fun! It's hard not to!:mickey:

lwoodland
01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
We recently stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a pool view. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! We were there from Nov 7th through the 12th of 2007. It was my husband, myself and our 15 and 10 year old. We were on the fourth floor, cannot remember the room number. I am so glad we booked at this hotel. The staff is very accomodating and the hotel itself is amazing. I really enjoyed going down to breakfast, grabbing a coffee to go and heading out to the safari area with the kids to see what animals were around. It is truly a sight to see!!!! You will definately not be disappointed. Enjoy your trip :

SimbaandNalasMama
01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks everyone! :mickey:

SimbaandNalasMama
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
We stayed at AKL pool view, on the 4th floor, Zebra trail. It was a beautiful, beautiful view. But, every morning, I woke up very early (6-7ish) to the sound of screaming, playing, noisy kids. That was not beautiful at all. And this was in September. Even with our drapes pulled, I could hear them. I'm a bit of a light sleeper though, I don't think my DH heard as much as me.

this was one of my worries. we are not light sleepers and we also take a fan everywhere we go for the white noise. i also have ear plugs when we travel, as you never know what you may encounter :)

thanks for the info!