PDA

View Full Version : AKL from POR?

amball
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone! What would be the best Bus Stop to get to AKL from the POR? I believe we will be staying in the Alligator Bayou section since we have a room with a trundle bed. Also, what time should we head out so we can be there first thing to get fast passes? Also, does anyone know the best time to leave for MK and MGM Studio's to get there when they open? Thanks a bunch!!!!

Here we go again...
01-06-2008, 01:24 PM
You can not get to AKL from POR. You will need to go to a park first. The closest park to AKL is Animal Kingdom, but the but to AKL from AK seems to take forever.

You could always go to DTD by boat or bus and get an AKL bus from there. That will be the best way to get back to POR if you return after the parks close.

Edited to add:
I just re-read your post... are you going to AKL (lodge) or Animal Kingdom park?
Any bus stop will go to the park, just go to the nearest stop to your room and watch for the Animal Kingdom bus.

sainter
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Just go to whichever bus stop is closest. I would leave an hour before opening time if I wanted to be there when the gates open for AK. Maybe even a little more if you want to be at the front of the line. You do still have to get through security before the actual gate.

amball
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Oops! I meant Animal Kingdom. Thanks for the correction. Any advice would be helpful!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
It is very easy to get to AK from POR, but it isn't super quick (at least it seemed very long to us!)

The AK bus will come to all of the stops at POR, and then off to AK. I would be at the bus stop at least an hour before, just to be sure.

#1donaldfan
01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Depending on which building your in will factor which bus stop you use. There are 4 at the riverside and one at the FQ side. You'll see when you get there that the south depot has a sign to indicate which bus uses that "stop" ( the south depot has two covered areas for bus stops, the others just one except FQ). We use the south depot as we try to stay in building 18, 27 or 14. I know they sound random but they are pretty much beside each other. These bldgs. are the closest to the food and busses. From just about anywhere, though, at the AB section in riverside you won't have to walk far for the busses. We try to be at the bus depots about 40 minutes before the scheduled opening of a particular park, not that it takes that long to get there, but as you'll see, the parks start forming lines at the bag / ticket cheques very early.....you'll love POR AB......we sorta think of it as our home away from home.....have fun, I'm sure you will......:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
First you need to check the times each park opens for the month you go. You can find that info I think under the theme park tab on intercot. I would go to the south depot at POR and leave no later than an hour prior to each park opening. The buses run every 15 min. Fast passes if you get one generally you have to wait about an hour before you can get another. It'll tell you on the ticket when you can get another one. The 1st time we went we thought you could get a FP for every ride at one time but, that's not the case. So, be sure to FP the most popular 1st. Best of luck.

ThanxForNoticin
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Fast passes are first come, first served. So the earlier in the day you go looking for a FP, the better your chances of getting one. As mentioned above, you can only have one FP at a time - OR - if your FP return time is much later, your FP will display the actual time you can get another FP. Using the fast passes wisely during the day can really help you enjoy a couple of the attractions without waiting so long. Have fun!