PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Ohana Breakfast

Goofster
01-06-2008, 11:49 AM
My son really wants to go to Chef Mickey's for his 3rd birthday (he saw it on Jon and Kate Plus 8), but unfortunately they are booked solid for our party size. I was able to make an ADR at Ohana's for that morning as Mickey and Pluto (my DS's favorites) are there. I've been to Chef Mickey's before, but I'm wondering if O'Hana's is a worthy replacement (from my son's perspective). If not, I'm debating going to Chef Mickey's on another morning. Thanks!

KateMW
01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
:offtopic:

Ok, I missed the J and K plus 8 when they went to Disney, but I've got to know...how many times did she wig out and scream at that poor man? I can't imagine that she had a good time! She's wound so tight, Disney would make her spin out of control! She probably swept the hotel room three times a day.

kathiep
01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Try to catch it. You have to see how she flips out over a little spilled ice cream. I say if a kid doesn't get dirty or messy at least once a day, it wasn't a good day!

May524
01-06-2008, 12:45 PM
We did the O'Hana breakfast in November for the first time. The food was pretty good, however, the character interaction wasn't good at all. Now, I don't know if it's b/c it was only DH and I with no kids...but only Stitch came to our table... :(

Madame Leona
01-06-2008, 02:08 PM
We went in May with ds (15 months) and he loved it. I chose to go there because Pluto seemed to be his favorite character. Everyone enjoyed the food and ds loved the parade around the restaurant. We've been to Chef Mickey's also and dh prefers 'Ohana.

SBETigg
01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
The character interaction at the 'Ohana breakfast for us was wonderful, with characters spending a lot of time at our table. The room is not as busy and the mood is more sedate, so the time with characters seems to be more quality time. Not to mention that the food is served family style at the table, removing the risk of missing characters when you get up to fill plates at the buffet.

We enjoyed the food, too, especially the mickey waffles. It was nice to have a calm breakfast as a family with characters coming around without the chaos of the Chef Mickey's atmosphere. If your child thrives on the busy party atmosphere, however, then 'Ohana may be a bit of a letdown.

kakn7294
01-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Hands down, I'd choose Chef Mickey's. 'Ohana was our worst meal experience in a long time. They had our 7:55a breakfast ADR in for 7:55p (but marked for the character breakfast :confused:) so after a short wait, they did seat us. However, the characters had just passed where we were seated and over an hour later Mickey and Stitch finally came by. Lilo wasn't there that day and her substitute Minnie didn't come out until we were ready to leave and started on the opposite side of the restaurant which is huge. We never did see either Minnie or Pluto. We got tired of waiting and left, went to AK and won Dream Lanyards waiting to see Minnie at Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Goofster
01-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your input! I'm thinking I'll keep O'Hana's and book Chef Mickey's for another day. On a side note, it seemed like Mickey wasn't there for dinner at Chef Mickey's and instead it was Donald (this was about 5 years ago), is that still the case? Thanks.