PDA

View Full Version : Crowds around Easter week

jenalen77
01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
:confused:We just decided to go to WDW March 29-31, which is the Friday - Monday after Easter. How crowded is this time of year? I am so worried we will not be able to even see anything.

Buttercup
01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
We went this past year the week leading up to Easter.
I've been to WDW every year since I was a year old (so over 30 years) and I've never seen it as busy as that. :(
We were still able to do a lot, but it took a lot of coordination, fast passes, etc. That took care of the lineups for us -- yeah they were long but we planned for that. But the most annoying part was just getting around the parks -- you can't just motor along down Main Street USA. You're constantly dodging people who stop right in front of you. And you really have to avoid areas during parades or fireworks because it's complete and utter gridlock.
You also definitely need ADR's for eating - you can forget about walking into a sit-down restaurant to eat without waiting for hours. I'd also recommend eating at counter-service restaurants during off-hours just so you can find a table.
The water parks were constantly filled to capacity by mid-morning (and you wouldn't find out until you went to board a bus and the driver would tell you he wasn't making that stop). I've also heard of the parks filling to capacity although I didn't experience it this past year.
It's extremely busy, but I'd rather have a busy day at WDW than a regular day at work!

faline
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
The week following Easter is a very busy one. However, since you're not arriving until Friday of that week, I think you'll find that things improve a bit after you get through the weekend.